Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I'm new to the forum but have been riding goldwings since the 1980s. I currently own a 2007. Today it wouldn't start. Cranked fine but wouldn't fire. I did some research on this forum and learned to open the throttle full and crank for 10 seconds to reveal the ecm code. I got an 18 crankshaft position sensor code. The sensor is not expensive but I'm not sure how difficult it is to change. Any tips? about 6 months ago the speed sensor went out. I changed that no problem. I'm hoping the camshaft sensor is easy.
Thanks in advance
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry 18 is a camshaft position sensor, not crankshaft. How hard is that to replace?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,755 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum.

There is a thread on here discussing that exact subject, if I have time a little later, I'll give you the link to it.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I suggest you get a service manual for your bike. Even though you will get excellent instructions from the folks here, a manual will still be very helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was going to have the local shop just come get it but they said it would be 3 weeks before they could even look at it. I'm planning a trip to Colorado to do some riding in a couple weeks. Decided to do it myself. Got the old one out, what a hassle!! The designers must have had a contest to see who could make maintenance the hardest. Like the air cleaner, jeez! Anyway, thanks. I'm looking forward to perusing through the forum. Nothing like first hand experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Final word....Well the problem wasn't the camshaft pulser switch, A rodent chewed throught the sheath, wire insulation and wire on one of the two switch leads. This wiring job was made soooo much worse by the inaccessibility of the wires. Anyway, after a few hours the job was done. I've been on a few long rides since and all is well. I now have a spare cam shaft pulser switch if anyone wants it. Free, just pay shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts