Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the EC Trunk Light Jumper Wires. It's about the easiest and fastest mod I've ever done to a GW. It effectively doubles the running lights (visibility) on the trunk of the GW by activating the unused and existing brake light bulb. The brake light is a two filament bulb and the brake only uses one filament. The kit is made up of two wires with specialty connectors that is Plug & Play into the trunk lights. Installation consist of;
1. Removing both trunk lights. Easy to do-just remove the 3 acorn nuts from inside the trunk.
2. Connect the jumper wire with a screw tap connector and plug the other end into the existing light bulb socket.
3. Test and reinstall the light.

On a cost benefit (the kits costs about $10-) this is the most effective mod I've done to the GW.

M

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Did something like that on my 08 wing. Someone discovered that the inboard running light bulb was a dual filament just as the outboard brake/ running bulb was. He had a supply of pins for the stock connectors. Voila ! All four trunk lights illuminate on braking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.