Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I installed the Power Block and an EC Ground Block yesterday, rerouted all my accessory wires to the blocks and got nothing when I turned the bike on. Confirmed the ground block wasn't the problem by short lining the ground to the ground on the accessory connections on the fuse block. Then applied pwer to one light by short line to bypass the power block and it worked. As I purchased it from Wingstuff, it will be a couple of days before I hear back, but I'm not happy that I'll have to now deinstall the one in the bike and then install a new one. Routing the power block is a pain in the backside!

Oh, and maybe it is just me, but this New Year so far sucks the big one - my desktop PC also gave up the ghost yesterday... :mad:

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
" Sympathetic malfunction of non-contiguous devices . " ~ Lee's Law. Sorry to hear it Sparky. What does this unit look like ? And never, ever, forget: If you go it alone you have no one to blame but yourself; if you share it with another you can blame the failure on him.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Rapier, Are you talking about the Auxilary power plate that allows for hookup for extra devices?

If so the problem might be only in the relay. It may not be in the socket right or the relay bad itself. They are a $10 item certainly not worth taking the bike back apart.

PM me if you want to chat about it.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I'm not familiar with this power block. Is there a relay on the power block ??. If so does it click when turn it on ?. If there is a relay and it doesn't click when power is turned on then either the relay is bad or the relay is not getting power.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
It does have a relay. You should hear, you can even feel it click when power is applied. I'm betting 12 volts from the battery is applied to the relay contacts with that large red wire. Then there is a trigger voltage that is applied to the relay coil when the key is turned on latching the relay and passing the 12 volts from the battery to the power block.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
If he would have brought his bike to my house we could have had left-over ham sandwiches and figured this thing out.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
EC power block is cheap Chinese junk !($ 49.95 ! ) This needs to be made more like the ground block in quality . I had one, it feel apart in a month. I made my own. I went to advance auto and got an automotive style fuse block . ($10 !!! ) I put it in the right storage pocket (the one beside the right side of passenger seat ) I wired it to a relay off of the acc. terminal on primary fuse block. Most people don't use this pocket anyway.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Passenger seat??:D I used to call it that when I first got my Aspencade..the guys at the dealer parts dept ALWAYS had a hoot when I walked in!:eek:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would get slapped by the wife if I called it by another name . ;)
Sorry 05bluewing..I misread your post, when I got my first wing I would go to the dealer to get parts..nearly every time when I would ask for something for the right side of the bike I would ask for the "passenger" side instead of "right" side:confused: the guys in the parts dept would always take great delight in this & call me on it ...finally learned!:D

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It does have a relay. You should hear, you can even feel it click when power is applied. I'm betting 12 volts from the battery is applied to the relay contacts with that large red wire. Then there is a trigger voltage that is applied to the relay coil when the key is turned on latching the relay and passing the 12 volts from the battery to the power block.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron
Thanks for the advice, Ron! When it gets warms enough for me to be out without looking like Nanook of the North, I'll check to see if that click is occurring.

Rapier

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I started a rewiring job on the wing before Christmas, then it got coooold, the wing looks like it was in a wreck, parts all over that part of the shop but have not been able to or want to work on it since, It is supposed to warm up for a day or so then get cold again. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get it done before spring.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts