Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a great way to get to the internal of the exhaust without straining yourself with it setting on the centerstand. I took off the fake tank, side gaurds & seat. I took my engine hoist and hooked up some nylon straps to the frame in the front by the gas tank and the rear by the fender attachment under the seat. I was able to life the bike around 3 and feet off the ground which made it very simple to pull off the rear exhaust without have to work in tight areas with the right angle grinder to cut off the clamp bolts and wrestle off the rear section of the exhaust. It worked beautifully overall and I discover my main part of my leak was from the failing asbestos gaskets. I think with new gaskets and clamp bolts now that I cut them off with a grnder it should be quiet as a you should expect from the cadilac of bikes. Just thought I would sharre with you this great technique for getting to work on th exhaust without straining yourself over it it all went very well. I just need to order those 410 asbestos gaaskets and reuse the clamps. I should be good to go now with the exhaust leaks. Oldsdroptop :cool:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts