Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an easy flow oil plug for the Goldwing that you don't unscrew but just open valve to drain oil?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've never seen one. Have you ever used one before?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dang! That is one good idea! I saw your post question, and had to immediately open it.... Cause I was also hoping that there was a new plug out there.....Being a oil changeohlic .... I was thinking, finally a new plug for me..........................:love:

Ronnie

I had a Suzuki 850 cc years ago, that I actually ripped out the threads at the oil change bolt, cause I changed the oil so often.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
We used to use Fumoto quick-drain valves on the Porsche cars, the other brand was EZ-DRAIN, I think.

Here's a link to different valves, supposedly for Honda motorcycles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It looks like they protrude quite a bit. Might be good on a car where the drain hole plug is pretty well protected. Mayne on a GL1800 it would be okay but not for a motorcycle engine with the drain hole on the bottom.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, this thread is about the Goldwing, yes? Is there a Goldwing with the hole in the bottom?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
143 Posts
We used to use Fumoto quick-drain valves on the Porsche cars, the other brand was EZ-DRAIN, I think.

Here's a link to different valves, supposedly for Honda motorcycles.

OMG! Thank you, thank you, thank you............I just sent away this morning for this drain plug........ being an oil changohlic .....I feel like I just hit a oil gusher in my own backyard....My only problem is that I just changed out my oil again yesterday, before a long ride...Now I have to wait to REinstall this plug.....(or take another long ride, Hmmmmmmmmm)
Ronnie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG! Thank you, thank you, thank you............I just sent away this morning for this drain plug........ being an oil changohlic .....I feel like I just hit a oil gusher in my own backyard....My only problem is that I just changed out my oil again yesterday, before a long ride...Now I have to wait to REinstall this plug.....(or take another long ride, Hmmmmmmmmm)
Ronnie
Where did you order it from and what size is needed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa those 17MM's sure look familiar... I love the new ratchet wrenches, That's the only way to go....Santa Claus brought me my first set of those a few yews years ago, for Xmas and believe me, "I've been "thanking" her every time I use it..
I have the Snap on and Craftsman brands , I'm in the heating and plumbing business and used those every day........(before I R-E-T-I-R-E-D)

Ronnie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts