Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While there is no total assement of the probelms Honda will have to overcome as a result of the massive earthquake and tsunami, there is going to be some disruption over the next while. The plants in Tochigi, Saitama and Hamamatsu have faced production halts, and the Suzuka factory was briefly halted and then brought back online, although it was expected to stop again yesterday. Kumamoto continues to operate. Honda execs say that there is not likely any immediate impact on North American operations however.
Auto and M/C production will be stopped until possibly March 20, due to electrical blackouts and damage assessments from other suppliers. Parts seems to be somewhat unaffected (Suzuka handles most of the Canadian destined parts orders, but no comments on US slated parts) for at least the time being. As Japan as a whole will be undergoing major cleanup and relief processes, there will undoubtably more slowdowns and/or stoppages along the way to recovering from the disaster. No word on how any of the other auto and m/c manufacturers have faired that I have heard. There have been some sketchy reports of injury to some workers, but no details on how many for sure and which plants are involved.
Let's all hope that they get through this terrible mess and recover as well as can be hoped for as fast as possible.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
And I'll bet some yaya thousands of miles away will be complaining that they can't get the part they need, while hundreds of thousands of folks in Japan are struggling to just survive.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
The world is lucky half the island didn't go up in smoke. A great culture and people now that they are not at war with the world, and as they had pulled together as a nation during their times at war so too will they during this time of disaster. We should be hearing from Emperor Akihito soon. The Land of the Rising Sun will never set.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
And I'll bet some yaya thousands of miles away will be complaining that they can't get the part they need, while hundreds of thousands of folks in Japan are struggling to just survive.
+1
I'd say there are plenty [email protected] right now. Oh well, they will get over it sooner or later. :eek:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
It hurts just for me to look at the news about Japan. My family went through the Katrina disaster, we even lost a very close relative in the flood. No offense meant to Katrina victims or survivors but that pales in comparison to what's happening now in Japan. It's really inconceivable unless you're there and even then it must be difficult to comprehend it all.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have to admit my problems seem very insignificant compared to Japans, they will be in my prayers!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
We lived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast for Katrina and while it was bad it isn't even close to what happened in Japan. With what little warning they got there will be an untold number who didn't survive. While I think that they have good containment for the nuclear plants, and it will not be as bad as the media is portraying, it will be worse than the oil leak in the Gulf. Two disasters in one. They need all the help they can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts