Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were following earthpigs ride he asked if I had pictures from when the Little Lady & I were out in the southwest in June. So here we go.

These were actually New Mexico heading to Colorado/Utah & then Az.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More from the road.

The 1st one is still in NM. The rest are near Monument Valley.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are in AZ outside Page.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still more.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Eric showed me your photos. Thank you so much, you have not bored us one little bit, the photos are awesome. It would be great to get more precise names of places where photos were taken so I can add them to our list of places to go. You are also reinforcing how useful a wide angle lens on our camera will be so I can be sure to see the layers of strata of these formations. All the photos people are uploading inspire me further in my studies!thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Thanks Fossil for the reminder of what a great trip you and the Mrs had and how you took us along with daily updates. Those pics do look familiar. I think I saw the slide show once on a big screen tv.... not to mention a great meal with good friends. Hope Janice is all healed and ready to ride. We may need to wait until March or so before planning a ride. Take care and ride safe..

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you were following earthpigs ride he asked if I had pictures from when the Little Lady & I were out in the southwest in June. So here we go.

These were actually New Mexico heading to Colorado/Utah & then Az.

Hey fossil, You did it. The picture in this cut is the same but it looks like you were going south ( the pic on the left ) and ours (on the right ) is north from the same spot in the road. HOW COOL.....:D
I can't wait till sring to get back out to NM. and CO.....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey fossil, You did it. The picture in this cut is the same but it looks like you were going south ( the pic on the left ) and ours (on the right ) is north from the same spot in the road. HOW COOL.....
That is Cool stuff isn't it & yes we would have been headed South there. I remember approaching it, slowing & saying to her "Get a picture of this it's a neat cut out."

Sentiments on the spring. We are flying out to Phoenix in April for 12 days. Unfortunately we won't have the bike.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Fossil for the reminder of what a great trip you and the Mrs had and how you took us along with daily updates. Those pics do look familiar. I think I saw the slide show once on a big screen tv.... not to mention a great meal with good friends. Hope Janice is all healed and ready to ride. We may need to wait until March or so before planning a ride. Take care and ride safe..
Hey Two Wheel your right it was a great trip. I even searched my threads & went back & read through them again. It was our pleasure to take everyone along for the ride.

There is nothing like a Show on the Big Screen is there? & Janice sure can cook. She has healed nicely & by her own assessment is about 98*. Thanks for your thoughts & I'm sure we'll be getting together. I'll have to talk Janice into feeding the Boys again.:D

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Great photos fossil92! I've always wanted to go through Monument Valley, but have never made it. Love the area around Page and Bryce Canyon is way cool. I've ridden through Sedona and Prescott and down as far as Tucson (had to see the Air Museum) and north of there is nice as well. Hope to get back next year (March-ish) and visit my brother in Yuma.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Guys, you make me jealous. Those are beautiful pictures.
Makes me want to head west. Just how much do you need per month to get by on?

Thanks all for posting.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Guys, you make me jealous. Those are beautiful pictures.
Makes me want to head west. Just how much do you need per month to get by on?

Thanks all for posting.
The Maestro says he gets by on looks alone :confused:

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Smile a lot and people think your crazy and don't want to upset you.
Oh that's your crazy look, I thought you were just constipated.:eek:

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
L2R and Matt: Wait until fossil sees the mess of his thread you two made. Sorry guys, hate to leave you stranded but I got to go.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey fossil92, when in Colorado, did you go through Durango and up the river to Silverton. There's a old steam train that runs up the river each day and if your up on the wall riding, you can see it down in the bottom of the canyon puffin black smoke. It's something to see.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, We did go through Durango (nice town but was crowded). We were originaly going to take the train for some scenic views & then the Little Lady found info on Mesa Verde so we continued onto Mancos & then next day to Mesa Verde. Have you ever been there?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No,I don't think so. We always headed north through Gunnison the onto Yellowstone. What was the attraction or draw to the area. Thanks, earthpig

1 - 20 of 23 Posts