Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy, did E-Bay piss me off, I was looking for a rear disk for my 1982 ing. I saw one on E-Bay for a low bid , the ad said, it would fit the 1100 so I sent him a e-mail to make sure it was the right one, he said yes, so I won the bid. When I received the disk, it was the wrong one, the one he sent had 4 holes, mine has 5, so I told the guy Wabout the problem, he said send it back for a refund. The problem here is: he said I have to pay for the return shipping to get my refund. I contacted E-Bay about this problem, and they said, yes, I have to pay the shipping to get my refund. What kind of a stupid policy is that, I have to pay to get my money back for his mistake, boy was I pissed. I decided to keep it and try to sell it here, the trouble is, I don't know from which bike it's from and the seller doesn't seem to know, what an idiot. Boy, did I get screwed. Now I have to figure out where the disk is from.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Most e-bay auctions state that any returns have to pay shipping. Too bad that wasn't visible in your case. I've been lucky, no issues on any items I've purchased over the last 5 years.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Most of the time I do well with EBay , however did get a dog of a MP3 player lasted about one week and no return , I should have known it was junk ! MY BAD !

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
It's a shame.

Caveat Empor...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Lots of Emails -

I have had a couple of similar return situations because the item I purchased was not what was described. There is a way to get around their "Return at your own expense" policy though. Before making the purchase send several emails (through the Ebay "contact seller" port) to the seller and confirm the item you're buying is correct and include the statement "if I purchase this item and it is not as described can I send it back to you at your expense".

This will take care of several situations
1. If the seller knows the item is not correctly described - he will suddenly announce some reason to shut down this auction.
2. The seller will now definitely be sure the part is verified to be "as advertise" prior to the sell.
3. If you do find that you have become "a buyer done wrong" - you can confidently appeal to the Ebay problem solving dept with your emails and they will (reluctantly) come down on your side of the argument.

Once I discovered the correct procedure of handling an Ebay purchase I've not had any further problems.

Good Luck, Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.