Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to bid on e-bay for an 06-07 Gold Wing. I've read up on how the bidding works, but to me , it still doesn't make sense. ( too many beer over the years? ) There is a "buy it now price" , say $15,000, and bidding in increments of $100 , say $12, 500- 12,600etc, and it will say "reserve not met" . Why don't they just post the reserve $,to start the bidding , so people don't waste their time bidding under the reserve price? Plus , I'd hate to think , I missed out on a good gw because my bid was say $ 200 , short of the reserve bid, when I would have gladly thrown in another $200 to get the bike if I had known what the reseve was. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, its ugly. Many GW's on ebay are from dealers. Their reserve is very close to what you can buy it from them in the showroom. That is, not a bargain. Then when it doesn't sell, they just relist it again. Occasionally the seller will tell you what the reserve is, if you send him a question.
But most of the time, its just a waste of time and an exercise in futility, unless you want to pay full retail value for the bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very good point SailorKane. A lot of times there will be the name of the seller, often a dealer, you can call the dealership and get info without mentioning ebay to them. It's like they have 2 or 3 different ways of doing business. Good luck, rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts