Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyna Beads do you use them and what do you think.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
I've got a riding acquaintance here that swears by Dyna beads in his c/t on the back. I know another that swears at them and no longer uses them. Pretty application specific I think.

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
My first time using them. I'm at the 5,000 mile mark.The way these Wing tires wear is still a mystery and there are many observations and opinions as to how much balance contributes to the wear. Dyna-beads are a poor man's balancing act that I believe to be one step above the hand spin balance done at my local dealer. I have completely changed the brand and type of tires I'm running right now so I can't compare apples to apples with respect to how these tires are wearing compared to my former brand of shop balanced tires. Centramatics are my goal. You buy them once and don't have to worry about having them on hand when you change a tire.

·
Registered
96 Posts
IMHO the beads and centramatics should only be secondary to a good tire balancing. I have personally tried a new set of E3's on an 1800 with no balance, just centramatics and it had terrible vibrations, I then pulled the wheels off and balanced them and left centramatics on, and wallah it was perfect balance. I use a Parnes balancer and have excellent results with it. Dealers dont spend the time it would take to use these type balancers, they use the quick spin balancers and they just have too much room for error if they are out of calibration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts