Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using dyna beads with the TPM system. I have a 2010 45 days old thinking about adding beads to get a better ride along with better tire wear. Can you use these beads with tpm. Has anyone used them on the newer wings.

Thanks
Merry Christmas

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I have not used them Pete but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has....

Donald

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I have had the same concerns with my 09 and the TPMS. Don't know if ceramic balls spininng around inside would damage the sensor. There is another product out there that some of the guys on the other forums have used. Here is a video of the product:

http://centramatic.com/Page.aspx?page=Demo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Talked with a dealer about the dyna beads. They can be used in the newer models with TPM.The only problem you have to break the bead on the tires to get them in. They will not go threw the valve stem this is were the tpm mounts. Once there in no problems with the tpm. I will be putting them in my tires soon. I think anything that can be done to prolong tire wear and performance is a must.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the dyna beads in last week had to go to the tire shop and break the bead on each tire. The bike ride is better a lot less wobble at low speeds. Had 3000 miles on the tires hope get better wear more mileage out of these stock tires. The cost was 65 bucks for the beads and tire work. Best to do this when replacing the tires to absorb the cost of mounting. Will wear these tires down and go to the darkside will be using the beads or centramatics.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I got the dyna beads in last week had to go to the tire shop and break the bead on each tire. The bike ride is better a lot less wobble at low speeds. Had 3000 miles on the tires hope get better wear more mileage out of these stock tires. The cost was 65 bucks for the beads and tire work. Best to do this when replacing the tires to absorb the cost of mounting. Will wear these tires down and go to the darkside will be using the beads or centramatics.
Pete: I'm meeting up with a Darkside rider this spring to witness and perhaps try the concept. The fellow offered to put one on my bike and see how I liked it. I too will be using Dyna- beads, but the Centramatic looks like a long term and renewable cure. Just an afterthought Pete: As the rear car tires usually run at , or around, 32 psi. will not the TPMS light constantly be on ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad to read these positive reports on the beads, since I have two new Bridgestones and beads waiting for me when the weather breaks, and I can get on the highway. My origional Dunlop front tire was cupped at 4k, but still going at 10k, as is the back tire whch never has cupped. One more thing, I keep reading about the "dark side", would somebody please clue me in??

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Glad to read these positive reports on the beads, since I have two new Bridgestones and beads waiting for me when the weather breaks, and I can get on the highway. My origional Dunlop front tire was cupped at 4k, but still going at 10k, as is the back tire whch never has cupped. One more thing, I keep reading about the "dark side", would somebody please clue me in??
In short, Dark side riders are those ( GL1800 as far as I know ) who have chosen to replace their rear motorcycle rated tire with a car tire. They do this for a variety of reasons: Longer tire wear ( ? ) ; better traction in wet weather : More rubber " footprint " on the road surface; A " run flat " tire option, etc. Here is a link to their sub-forum :http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
My neighbor rides a Vision Tour with the beads in his tyres. Likes them a lot. No TPMS on his bike though. I like the centramatic idea since they are permanent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts