Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Dunlop Elite 3 rear tires and notice they had a 200/60/16 will this tire fit on a 2003 and would it last a bit longer then a 180/60/16 Is anybody riding with this tire?

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
flash, don't know the answer to either of your questions. That may be one for a good Goldwing dealer? Just thinking about the bigger tire I don't see how your mileage could be increased. I see where people put bigger tires on 4 wheeled vehicles & they don't get any more mileage from them.

Hopefully someone else can answer your question more directly, just wanted to lend an opinion.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Larry, I use to have a Valkyrie and tried a car tire , it was great on the highway but on the country roads it was a hand full to control. I tought about installing a car tire on the wing, I think I will have the same problem, dont forget, the roads here in Quebec are not the best.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
A 200 series tire is two full sizes wider than a stock 180 series. It won't cause any problems as long as there is sufficient clearance for the extra width. It will however 'slow down' the cornering characteristics some due to the wider profile (not to be confused with the vertical 'profile' that many tire descriptions have). That's why most sport bikes stick with nothing wider than a 190 (180's are still very common) as it keeps the steering quickness at the optimum.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Larry, I use to have a Valkyrie and tried a car tire , it was great on the highway but on the country roads it was a hand full to control. I tought about installing a car tire on the wing, I think I will have the same problem, dont forget, the roads here in Quebec are not the best.
Not only am I ignorant of the roads, I am also ignorant of the geography, as previously noted by other forum members!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
A 200 is just a little bit wider than a 180, might be a little harder to lean in the corners because it is taller, but your mileage will probably be the same. Try going to a 180/70/16 for better mileage, it is taller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts