Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Order E-3s from Motorcycle Super Store and they shipped me a pair of K-177s. Very disappointed with MCSS but will I be disappointed with the K-177s. We have a ride planned next week and I am tempted to put the K-177s on. They don't seem to have bad ratings but do not have the load rating of E-3s. Wife and I weight 380# before luggage. I would like other peoples opinion.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... HOWDY ... I RECENTLY PURCHASED A SET OF METZLER 880's FROM MOTORCYCLE SUPER STORE AND AM REALLY PLEASED WITH THE PROFORMANCE PLUS THEY EXCEED LOAD AND WEAR STANDARDS ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That is the stock tire that the 1500 Gold Wings came with. Not as good as the E'3. Check the manufacturers date and see how old the tires are. The web site shows that the K 177 is a FEATURED ITEM, they might be trying to get rid of them, They cost more than the E3 according to their web site. Call them and tell them about the error, they might offer you a discount to save them from shipping cost to return the wrong tire and send out the correct one. You shouldn't have any trouble with them since Honda put them on the 1500 whenm it was new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts