Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sounds like it could be a 'Prototype' Goldwing. Never heard the term used before.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Silly boy....Of course its a Goldwing that got misplaced and they searched and researched the parking lot until they finally found it.:D

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Silly boy....Of course its a Goldwing that got misplaced and they searched and researched the parking lot until they finally found it.:D
Wow !!! you are a" Wise Old Bird." How do you know all this stuff :confused::)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello z20, welcome to GWOF. i'll leave it to those guys to answer your question

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dumb question

eBAY.2005 Honda Goldwing GL1800 30th Anniversary edition Motorcycle *like new*Research 2005 Honda Gold Wing. I finally decided to click looks like a button to research price.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I received a letter in the mail a couple of months ago. It was an invitation to participate in a motorcycle research project, although I can't remember who set it up. If I participated, they would mount several mini video cameras on the bike facing forward, backward, and on the dash with a view of the rider. I would be asked to periodically present the bike for the videos to download. The cameras would be on when ever the bike was being ridden. This would allow the researchers to study my riding habits, and accident causes were I involved in an accident. They had set ups for Hondas, Harleys and a couple of other bikes. As I recall, my local contact was through a university not far from my house. At the conclusion of the study, all video equipment would be removed and the bike returned to its original condition.

Since I can't ride until late February, I decided not to participate. Perhaps that was what was being called a research bike.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
There is no such thing as a " ignorant " question " , but " dumb " responses are permissible because if they weren't I wouldn't be allowed to be here.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
eBAY.2005 Honda Goldwing GL1800 30th Anniversary edition Motorcycle *like new*Research 2005 Honda Gold Wing. I finally decided to click looks like a button to research price.
z2. I was looking at a 30th Anniversary 2005 a few years ago when first shopping for a Wing. A Nice silver color with some custom addys on it. The gal wanted about $14,000 for it. My wife wanted heated seats so I had to pass on it. Otherwise it would have been parked in my driveway.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I got it. I found it on Google. It is a 12 cylinder, hand made proto type motor completely made by one engineer in his shop.

This 12 cylinder motor machining and assembly is well worth watching.

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=31363_
That was amazing, I'm wondering if he had a purpose behind his engine build or did he just have to much time on his had, either way, I'm impressed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was just going to ask you if you had seen the term used on e-Bay listings, but you came to the right conclusion on your own.

YV

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Well, now that that's solved, I wonder what the life expectancy of that V12 is with no lubrication system on it...at least I didn't see any:confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, now that that's solved, I wonder what the life expectancy of that V12 is with no lubrication system on it...at least I didn't see any:confused:
10/4 I noticed the no lube issue as well. It's likely a manual lube from an oilcan when it's running.

YV

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assuming you saw it on EBAY, it's a link you can use to RESEARCH facts, prices and other information relative to the Goldwing before buying one so that you can shop and compare with other bikes before purchasing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts