Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to buy a cover for the Wing. Any thoughts on a good full cover that won’t break the bank and at the same time not scratch up the bike? :( The price range I’m trying to keep around is $100 or less if possible. Also will the Air Wings on the sides or antennas be a problem in getting a good fit? Thanks.

Dane :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
We're all here to help Dane,so there are no dumb questions. I can't advise you on a full cover,but have you also considered a half cover ? Doesn't take up much space,but very handy,helps preserve the dash and instruments,and to me most of all keeps that seat cool during those day ride stops to eat etc. I'm sure plenty will chime in here on the full cover advice. Ken '94SE

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dane as for a full cover there several out there for under 100.00 I use Nelson rigg and have no problem with the wind wings or the antennas as they fold down just be careful taking it off to not catch the antennas. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dane,
use an old t-shirt to slip over the winshield first then the cover. Works great and no scratches

·
Registered
217 Posts
Is there an advantage to a cover?

For years I covered up my bike in the winter...to only find the bike had more (but small spots) of rust on it versus leaving the bike uncovered...thus I have left the bike uncovered for the last four years to only find dust on it every spring...what is the advantage to a cover...I would not want to take it along on a trip ...no room on the bike...just another dumb question...?:confused:

Lab Rider....If it does not have four legs and retrieves ducks it better be a Goldwing...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Mark,

The reason I want a cover for the bike is simply that I don’t have a garage to put it in during the summer months. I’m not overly concerned about it getting wet, (although who likes sitting on a wet seat), as I am about protecting it from UV rays which can play havoc on paint, plastic, and rubber. Hence the reason for the cover.

Dane :)

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
+1 on the Nelson Rigg that's what I have & it has the same features as the one Joe refered to including being vented to stop condesation.

Dane if that is the case I would definitely cover the bike. If you leave the bike outside in Sun, Rain, Wind & such you will see the effects for sure.

what is the advantage to a cover...I would not want to take it along on a trip ...no room on the bike...just another dumb question...?
There is the mindset in people that when the bike is covered they have the tendancy to not be as nosey around it. Believe it or not. The key is to find a cover that takes up the space that you will sacrifice & yet give the protection you require. The half cover is a good option however I personally didn't care for it. Didn't cover as much as I wanted. As always this is just one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I bought a Dowco down at the Honda Dealer. Like yourself, Dane, I don't have a garage and winter snow came too quick to find a storage place so I bought it in desperation. Paid a hefty $125.00 + for it. Snagged it on the antenna post once so now it has a small extra " breather " hole in it. A little vinyl cabinet shelf liner and a hot glue gun will fix it. My neighbor has the zipper model and will be my choice next time: http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/2805_Dowco_Goldwing_Cover_w_Rear_Zipper_Access

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have one like Joe in Calif reply, really like it. Paid $69. Also has reflective stripes, padding at atenna posts and windshield and vents and elastic at bottom with securing straps.

Actually mine is an Ultraguard, don't know if that's the same manufacturer.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
I have a Tour King for the past 10 years. It's a nylon half cover and packs up into a bag about 1 ft long and about the size of a baseball around. I spray it with a water repellent that you use for tents once at the start of the season and I'm good to go. Covers all the important parts and allows you to open the trunk without taking it off. Sells for about $40 shipped. I like it because it's light and you shake it out and your done. JMHO..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts