Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this happen to any one .

Finally took the bike for a 3rd time out for a spin and it happen again .

While ridding the transmission does not shift as smooth . On any mode . I have to let off the throttle a bit for the gears to switch .
I keep telling my self bike still too new . Yesterday i tried sports mode and same thing happen .

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I've got 15,000 on mine and it has never done that. I would not think it has anything to do with being new. I have never initialized my bike either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The sports mode is going to stay in gear longer before shifting. There is no need to let off on the throttle to shift. My bike will shift from 1st, 2nd, 3rd in a 100 feet, if I'm using a small amount of throttle, 1,200 to 1,500 rpms.
Does the bike shift normal if you use the paddle shifter to upshift?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sports mode is going to stay in gear longer before shifting. There is no need to let off on the throttle to shift. My bike will shift from 1st, 2nd, 3rd in a 100 feet, if I'm using a small amount of throttle, 1,200 to 1,500 rpms.
Does the bike shift normal if you use the paddle shifter to upshift?
I have not even tried the Paddle , I know when i ride normal meaning easy the bike shift find , but when i get on it , I feel the bike does not shift right . As per what i heard so many times the bike shift patters will adjust to the rider ridding style .

I will try the Paddle next time .

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think I might know your problem. Try this.

Check your dashboard to see if you might be in the manual shift mode. Do this: put it in tour mode, shift it into drive and watch your dash. If you don’t see a “D” next to the no 1 gear showing on the dash, you are in the Manuel shift mode. Use the button on the right handle bar that has an “am” on it and toggle it back and fourth while watching the dash.

You will see the small “D” go on and off. When it is on, you are in automatic and when it is off you are in manual mode and need to use the paddle shifters. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts