Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just notified I had just lost a 37 year old son in law. He had a 2000 Harley chopper that he was quite proud of. Loud, high rise bars custom paint and body work.

He pulled up and stopped at a stop light in Amarillo,Tx yesterday and was rear ended by a drunk driver. Police report said the driver was drunk and narcotics in use. My son in law never wore a helmet and I am sure he was not wearing one yesterday. I know he did not suffer much because the driver hit him at full speed from behind.

That's why I have the lights on the back of my Wing that flashes while I am stopped, but in his case it may or may not of made a difference.

I feel really bad today that his two daughters will grow up without him as a father. And he was a great son in law. RIP Heath

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of a family member, I feel bad for the children also. Will pray for everyone tonight.

·
Registered
334 Posts
sorry

Im so sorry to hear of your loss I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Praying for you and the family. Sorry for the loss...

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
That's just awful!

I'm sorry for you and your family, especially those little girls.

Good Lord, what a drag!

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
So sorry for your family's loss. The loss of a loved one is hard, but having it happen this way makes it even more difficult. Prayers for you and your family from Pa...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am so saddened by your loss. drunk drivers.:mad: I am glad that (apparently) your daughter was NOT on the bike.

When I am stopped, I always stop off to one side or the other, practically splitting lanes. I keep a sharp eye on my mirrors, and my bike is in first gear, with the clutch in, and my right hand on the throttle. In the event that someone even LOOKS like they're not going to stop, I would either make a fast hard turn to the right or left in the crosswalk if necessary, rather than accelerating. In this way, I figure to be out of the path of the car in a second or so, rather than trying to outrun him while I match and then exceed his speed. ASSUMING the driver is at least close to being in one lane, if he comes up on my right, I'd make a hard left, and vice-verse.

I hope that you know that your son-in-law's spirit lives on in God's kingdom, and though you are apart now, he is just fine and awaiting the rest of his loved ones whenever God calls them home. I will pray for him tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
It is sad that you must suffer this loss :mad: .Unfortunately the courts and general public dont take this crime serious enough. I have seen DUI cases drag on for 3 years and no one was hurt.

God Bless you and your family. My heart cries for you....

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Thank you for sharing this personal tragedy with the forum. We are the Goldwing Owners forum. We are as much about the Owners as about the Goldwing we ride. .

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Hal, words alone are barely enough but like Lee said, we are a family and care about one another. Our prayers are with you and your family too Hal. If there is anything we can do let us know.

Dan and Debra Bowman

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of this and my family and I sends our prayers. This is one of the things that the AMA is working hard on to make sure that these types of people don't get off with just a fine.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
What can you say at a time like this, Sorry just doesn't seem to be enough, sadly I don't know what else to say. Our hearts go out to you and your family.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its hard to make sense of life and death some times....there are no words that can express comfort with such a loss.
My best to you and your family....Maybe an opportunity for you to play an important role in the lives of the two girls. who knows .....so sad for all

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.