Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I'm sure something can be wired to allow that to happen, but I've read on other posts that in some states it is illegal to have high beams and driving lights on at the same time. Both my 2009 GL1800 and my 2010 Subaru has driving lights and they go out when the high beams are turned on so it may very well be a legal issue. You might want to check before you spend time and $$ on a fix.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do belive you are right,but would only be for back roads.Too many deer and moose,more light the better.Thanks

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
When I got my Show Chrome lights they came with a wired plug that replaced the relay that controls the way the fog/driving lights work. I'm sure you could do the same thing with some solderless terminals and wire. You are right about the traffic laws but in my opinion safety comes first. The better you can see the safer you are.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Also good to know what model bike you have. All wings are created equal, but they are not all wired equal.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've been out of law enforcement a long time, it used to be you couldn't display more that 4 white lights facing forward. Most "modern" vehicles utilize a 2 filiment bulb in the headlamp assembly. Looks like your riding an 18, not sure how the headlamps on it qualifies...my 15 has driving lights that are on all the time, the 15's with turning lights could be adapted to stay on as well. There's always that disclaimer on all lighting products..."Check local laws"! Good luck

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Looks like your riding an 18, not sure how ................. Good luck
Geeze whacker! Thanks for pointing that out in your remark. I was going to delete my post after I saw what I didn't see to save face. But no. Open you eyes chopin ! You can observe a lot just by looking........Duh! Now let me see what I can find on his issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drive transport for a living and have to endure to many drivers that feel it is their right to be seen even if there lights blind you,I have talked to some local officers and if i t don't blind you number of lights don't matter.I just want them more for back roads with no traffic coming at me.lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts