Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK that's the left one I'm talkin bout. Anyways, the fact that my saddle bag doesn't open automatically on that side is a bit irritating. Before you say, try a little WD40 or other lubricant, I did already. So... is there any adjustment a guy can do? Oh yes this is on an 08' GL1800.
It feels like the handle needs to pull justna tiny bit more to fully release the catch. Any suggestions? Similar experiences?

Ed
(yellovette)

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I am not sure on the 1800's but on the 1500's there is a cover on the inside of the trunk. I think it is held on by 4 screws. You remove the cover and you can adjust the cables on the pull latches.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
this was just posted. What model ya got will determine the answer.
do a search at the top as there may be a recall if yours is an 1800

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I can only find the teardown and re-assembly in the service manual. I think I heard about a recall on some as mentioned. I'm out of the office tomorrow, but I'll see if I can find a bulletin that applies on Thursday

·
Registered
174 Posts
Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you a copy of the Honda Service Bulletin for this. There are specific VIN numbers pertaining to this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sticking Left Saddlebag

I have a 2002 GL 1800 and I am having trouble with my left saddlebag not opening, most of the time. The read the Service Bulliten and it says to put pressure on the top of the saddle while pulling the lever but I'm not sure where on the bag they are referreing to. Can someone please tell me where to apply the pressure to get it to open without having to go into the trunk?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Go to http://goldwingdocs.com/index.asp You will have to create a membership (free). From there you can to their site and scroll down to Service Bulletins and Recalls. There is a Service Bulletin for the "Trunk Opener Unit."
As for pushing on the top of the saddle bag, I have an 08 Wing. When I feel extra pull on the left bag opening lever, I sometimes push against the left bag lid as if I were making sure it was closed while operating the opening lever. This sometimes will make the opening mechanism operate easier.

Good luck - from the Left Coast

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
My 08 is doing the EXACT same thing....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts