Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike came with the drivers backrest installed but I need one that pushes me a bit forward. I am 5'7 and would like one with more padding or one that is adjustable.

Any input on where to find one would be great, pics are welcome too. Who knows I may have a stock drivers backrest to sell when I get a new one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went with the Utopia. When I first installed the rest I had it set too far forward and I kept pushing against the grips trying to put me back in the seat so I had to back the screw off a bit to give me more room. While I like the rest, the plastic disk that covers the hole in the seat is terrible. I used the OEM plug for the seat, cut off the strap, drilled out the corners and cut the straight lines to make it fit. Now it looks much better than that Velcro piece they give you with the kit.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just a thought. Have you considered the handle bar extenders? Might be more comfy keeping your butt where it is, and moving the bars a little closer.

·
Premium Member
6,363 Posts
I went with the Utopia. When I first installed the rest I had it set too far forward and I kept pushing against the grips trying to put me back in the seat so I had to back the screw off a bit to give me more room. While I like the rest, the plastic disk that covers the hole in the seat is terrible. I used the OEM plug for the seat, cut off the strap, drilled out the corners and cut the straight lines to make it fit. Now it looks much better than that Velcro piece they give you with the kit.

I really like your idea of using the plug instead of the Velcro piece!

That looks so much better!

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I opened the kit and saw that plastic cover with Velcro and then the bracket they wanted you to screw into the seat to hold it, I decided to go a different route. I figured the backrest bracket would not be removed anyway and even if I ever decided to get rid of it, I would rather order a new seat plug over using that Velcro piece. I just used the plastic piece as a template and placed it over the OEM rubber piece (underside of rubber piece) and traced out the opening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My bike came with the drivers backrest installed but I need one that pushes me a bit forward. I am 5'7 and would like one with more padding or one that is adjustable.

Any input on where to find one would be great, pics are welcome too. Who knows I may have a stock drivers backrest to sell when I get a new one.

What backrest did you end up with. I just bought an oem backrest and took it out for a spin today. I hate it. I am 5-4 and I have it as far foraward as it will go. Still doesn't touch my back. Gonna have to start all over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.