Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are peoples opinion that had or have driver floorboards for 1500 goldwings? Have you had any problems with them? Do you like them over the pegs?

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello kruzer, welcome to GWOF, i'm still using pegs while i've ridden bikes with floor boards i've never owned one with floor boards

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
My problem was trying to use floorboards with heel-n-toe shifter. My shoes wouldn't fit between the shifter ends. So to use the boards, I had to angle my toes outward. That cancelled a lot of the comfort the boards were expected to provide. Now, I still use the heel-n-toe but just the stock pegs.

Most important is safety and enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Had them on the Green Wing (95 aspy) and have them on Lil Red (2012. Love them. You can move your foot around more. On the 95 I modified the crash bar by removing the reat loop and blocking off the pipe with chrome plugs. I shifted up and down with my heal. No mods needed on the 2012 except extending the front shift peg about 1 inch making it easier to find.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What are peoples opinion that had or have driver floorboards for 1500 goldwings? Have you had any problems with them? Do you like them over the pegs?
I have Marklands on my 1989 GL1500 and wouldn't trade them for pegs. Stock pegs are mounted midline which hurts my hips after awhile. The floorboards allow my feet to go more forward - not Harley forward - but noticeably more than the midline pegs. I find the boards to be very comfortable.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Had both liked both for different reasons. The one thing to be aware of is if you are of shorter stature sometimes people have an issue getting their feet down in a comfortable manner at stops.

As I said had both then decided on a 3rd option which was better than both of the others. These Iso-Wings provide the best of both worlds. Mini board for feet movement, no issue getting around the board to plant feet & use the stock shifter. The one thing that is necessary is to buy the adapter seperately for a 1500 to mount them. Bought the pegs from Wingstuff but had to track the adapter down from another vendor.

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/958/ISO-Wing-Pegs-without-Adapters

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
I had those that fossil listed o my 1800 and really liked them, but I eventually went to boards. Had Marklands on my 1200 and 1500 and they were great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.