Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a set of Kuryakan Driver Floorboards with Heel-Toe shifter. Anyone have any suggestions on adjusting the shifter? Right now when either upshifting or downshifting you only get one gear at a time with having to "reset" the shifter each time. For example, shifting from frst to second requires pushing down with your heel and then in order to shift again you have to press the front toe shifter before you can shift. I had h/t shifting on my VTX and thought it would be nice on the GL1800. Can't return it as I've already installed it.

Appreciate any suggestions...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I also had just installed floorboards on my 81, I had to file the pivot bushing for the heal toe shifter on both sides until the lever operated smoothly. The lever must return to its neutral (center) position on its own so file and grease yours until it does and your problem should be solved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Smokey, I installed the boards and H/T shifter from Kuryakan on my 09 wing and have not experienced any problems whatsoever. However, there is one question I have and that is what the chrome hooks that you have to screw into the bottom are for? The directions were not clear on if they extend forward or backward on the bottom of the boards. I tried both ways and neither way seems to be useful for anything. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Avidrider: Try the Kuryakin customer care center 866-277-9598 to see what they say about the spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts