Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting I justed purchased a goldwing 2010, Nice bike But I not happy with the driver foot pegs and i'm use to stretch- in the legs with highway pegs. I had rivco floor broads for my vtx and they well made but the putures in catolog look small for driver. Any body out their really happy with there drivers floor boards. price is not a concern.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Welcome to the site yes, at the risk of sounding rude there is a thread in progress discussing this very subject. This is the link to it.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3570

Don't mean to take a shortcut on you but I personally am not the fastest typist so this was easier. Sorry but welcome, this is a great site.:eek:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Since cost is no isssue for you, this may be a mute point, but you should know.
If you add floorboards w/a heel-toe shifter and you have a trannie problem develop, Mother Honda may not honor your warranty.
Having said that, I would suggest the Markland boards for your wing.
Some, including me are not very happy with the quality of Kuryakyn boards, which seem to develop peeling/blistering chrome frequently!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Like Fossil said, search the site there are a lot of threads on the subject. Enjoy the board and ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
yesamnot, I have the Kuryakin board for 3 years now and am very pleased. No chrome issues at all with any of them (driver, passenger and highway boards), same with the trunk rack. What 'dawg is referring to is the fact that a heel shifter can make you rough on the shift forks with the amount of leverage and down force you can apply with your heel when shifting gears. Shifting smoothly and proper technique will prevent the problem. But welcome to GWOF.

Tommy, a '97 with 11k on it should be a very good bike. Just make sure the fuel system (carbs, lines, breather tubes etc) are sorted and you're good. Tires may be suspect with that low mileage on 16 years, probably originals so they have to go. I'd also replace the timing belts. If everything else works as it should, you're grand. Welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts