Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I searched the forum and did not see enough information to help me make an informed decision about drink holders.

I'm picking up my new (to me) 2008 Sound/Nav/Comfort Wing today and it's going to to need drink holders for myself and my awesome, lovely wife (who sometimes reads my posts).

With all due humility, I had makeshift junk on my old bike so I'm not necessarily interested in making somethine out of parts from an old blender. I've waited 20 years to buy a bike like this.

Can someone suggest drink holders that will look nice, and not tip over with a 20 ounce Diet Pepsi or a tall travel mug in it.

I'll appreciate the feedback. Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
We have the Butler holders on our 1500 they come in a couple different sizes. They are not very pretty but will hold a bunch of liquid. We also added some surgical tubing to the straws, so you don't have to lean forward for a drink. After taking a sip put the open end over the stub for the vent.
Just an idea.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
First congrats on your new (2u) Wing. Ask Chopin about drink holders. He's an expert on the subject.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
First congrats on your new (2u) Wing. Ask Chopin about drink holders. He's an expert on the subject.
Thanks for the introduction Two Wheeler . It is well known here that I can hold my drink . As I don't do a lot of drinking and driving ( anymore ), the ring type holder I have up front is enough for me with the 16 oz. Starbucks thermos and /or a 21 oz. official U.S.M.C. water bottle that luckily was shaped to fit into the ring. The ring type mount, however, will dictate the size and shape of the container of your choosing.That being said, if I was a heavy drinker I would probably opt for the " Beverage Butler Drink Holder " 34 oz. size. For the passenger I might opt for the Kuryakyn passenger cup holder that bolts to the seat handle. Congrats on your '08 ! It was a great year for Goldwings.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
At the price of some of those, they should come with a lifetime supply of coffee!

:eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
For the passenger I might opt for the Kuryakyn passenger cup holder that bolts to the seat handle.
Hey Chop, where did you find that passenger cup holder?? Might want to change mine out for that one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All - Thanks for the replies. I got into Wingstuff and bought the Kury passenger holder with the basket and also the Kury universal that has the same look.

And while I was at it, I ordered the set of trunk luggage and mats they were touting.

I'll report back in a couple weeks.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
On WingStuff. $52.99. #KU1481
Thank you Maestro. Looks like that might be the replacement for the one I have. The one I have is nice, but it tends to slide around the grab handle because it's only on with a "U" bolt and it rotates if the drink is heavy. ....

Come to think of it.... Why am I thanking you... You just cost me $53 plus shipping....LOL...:)

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Thank you Maestro. Looks like that might be the replacement for the one I have. The one I have is nice, but it tends to slide around the grab handle because it's only on with a "U" bolt and it rotates if the drink is heavy. ....

Come to think of it.... Why am I thanking you... You just cost me $53 plus shipping....LOL...:)
Order two and send me one with a thank you card. You'll get free shipping and I'll reimburse you the shipping charges here.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Order two and send me one with a thank you card. You'll get free shipping and I'll reimburse you the shipping charges here.
Only you would think of that. When it comes to money your tighter than a frogs butt... and that's water tight..LOL:eek:

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

But, hope the weather breaks up here soon. I may have to go back to school to learn how to ride again. When are you and Fossil going out west??

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Only you would think of that. When it comes to money your tighter than a frogs butt... and that's water tight..LOL:eek:

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

But, hope the weather breaks up here soon. I may have to go back to school to learn how to ride again. When are you and Fossil going out west??
All of us will be leaving on Sunday, April 3rd. Six more days. I'll arrive in Phoenix around noon or so and fossil will be coming in late. We'll find each other on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
Chuckler good to have you on board, hope you like your new cup holders. Never bothered much with them. Here's the cup holder we use.:D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
All of us will be leaving on Sunday, April 3rd. Six more days. I'll arrive in Phoenix around noon or so and fossil will be coming in late. We'll find each other on Monday.
Yes sireee. Az. here we come. That reminds me I was supposed to send you an email.

Chuckler Sorry for the hijack I just have had enough of this winter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts