Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add some air direction product to the 2009, 1899 Wing. I like the looks of the Dragon Wings (in the book) but all I see on the wings at events and on the road is Baker style wings. Does anyone have the Dragon Wings on a 1800 and do they work well? I usually always pick comfort and function over looks. What can you tell me?

What about the ISO grips that clamp over the heated grips? Do they really let the heat through? Are they about the same diameter as the regular ISO grips?

Thanks,
Elk Hunter

·
Super Moderator
9,871 Posts
First Mr Hunter, welcome to the forum from another Keystone stater... I have the Baker Wings on my 09 and I had them on my 98 GL1500 SE. I think they are the best, but others may disagree. I assume you want something thicker over the stock hand grips. I had a problem with them being too small. I bought a product called "grip puppies" from a company in CA. They cost about $11 bucks and give the handles just the right thickness. They are made of foam so they transmit the heat from the heated grips very well. Here's the link..

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CST&Category_Code=GRIPPUP

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I have heard reports that the dragon wings cause the bike to get loose and float at high speeds, the air catches with them and raises the bike, kind of like the fins on the 59 Chevy.
Grip puppies are the way to go instead of the ISO grips.

·
Super Moderator
9,871 Posts
Ron, what part of western PA are you from? A number of guys on the forum from Pa (NE Pa, Frackville, Bloomsburg, Stroudsburg and others). Ride safe in our beautiful state..

·
Super Moderator
9,871 Posts
I'm in Wilkes-Barre, right off Rt 81. You will see other guys on here from Pa from time to time. Maybe someday we can arrange a ride for the Pa guys.. Ride safe

·
Premium Member
24,041 Posts
Grip Puppies and Baker Hand Wings are a good first start. Neither one will disappoint your ride to the point you wish you had not put them on , and neither will leave permanent reminders that they once were there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.