Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry::cry::cry:

Well folks, haven't been on forum for awhile and decided how my on line friends are doing.

Ive been set back a bit from pulling my baby out of hibernation.

And for the next question, I have no idea how I broke this bone in my foot.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Steve you and the Maestro (Chopin) have something in common.

Sorry for your injury but get healed up for June. :3dcool:

·
Administrator
15,418 Posts
I did the same thing a few years ago, not sure how mine broke either. Hope you heal up soon and get back to riding.

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve you and the Maestro (Chopin) have something in common.

Sorry for your injury but get healed up for June. :3dcool:
Oh oh, I'm out of the loop, Maestro?????????????

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:It didn't have anything to do with no shoes and center stands did it.:icon_smile_sad:
Do I detect some crazy person trying to put their bike on a center stand with no shoe's ending as a bad idea :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did the same thing a few years ago, not sure how mine broke either. Hope you heal up soon and get back to riding.
Thanks Mark, more x-rays in 1 1/2 weeks.

Been working and walking on it for 3 weeks before the x-rayed and casts it.

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts

Well folks, haven't been on forum for awhile and decided how my on line friends are doing.

Misery loves company. I'll try to get a picture of the fracture in my Fibula. No crutches for me. Hobbled , but still on two feet. My condolences. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
Got one. I don't have the savvy to mark the spot, but it's on the right side just above that tear drop looking bone end at the ankle joint. Not a weight bearing bone in the strict definition of the term so I have had mobility and still fix those garage doors.This picture was taken three days after the incident on March 16th.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
801 Posts

You didn't kick the dog did you? Hope it heals fast.

·
Premium Member
24,510 Posts
I was wondering where you were hiding Bad. Sorry you're banged up but it seems to be a bit of a comon thing at the moment.
I'm no stranger to crutches and surgeries on lower extremeties. I fell "on" my snomobile in January of '97. It resulted in a displaced trimalleolar fracture of my left ankle which included the tibia and fibula both being snapped off, along with a 2 cm dislocation of the ankle and resultant separation (totally torn) of the ligaments in the joint. This is what it looked like after the healing (?) almost a year later in November. I should have kept the films of the injury when it happened, but herself said it was too gross and threw them away. I had the hardware taken out 5 years later to reduce the barometric effect, but I'm still way more accurate than the TV or radio guys.:icon_smile_blush:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Misery loves company. I'll try to get a picture of the fracture in my Fibula. No crutches for me. Hobbled , but still on two feet. My condolences. :beerchug:
Wow, sorry about your mishap, I was doing ok for three weeks before they casted me (as I may have said earlier). Now I have the pleasure of having four on the floor for at least another week.

Are you being abused? I know people if you are. Don't protect them!
I should be so lucky :biggrin:

Did you do it while kicking yourself in the backside from not logging in often enough?
No sir, but maybe I should have

You didn't kick the dog did you? Hope it heals fast.
Dog's in doggy heaven. Maybe one of the daughters, but they kick back. Thanks for the good wishes.
I was wondering where you were hiding Bad. Sorry you're banged up but it seems to be a bit of a comon thing at the moment.
I'm no stranger to crutches and surgeries on lower extremeties. I fell "on" my snomobile in January of '97. It resulted in a displaced trimalleolar fracture of my left ankle which included the tibia and fibula both being snapped off, along with a 2 cm dislocation of the ankle and resultant separation (totally torn) of the ligaments in the joint. This is what it looked like after the healing (?) almost a year later in November. I should have kept the films of the injury when it happened, but herself said it was too gross and threw them away. I had the hardware taken out 5 years later to reduce the barometric effect, but I'm still way more accurate than the TV or radio guys.:icon_smile_blush:
Man O man, yours is one big OUCH!
Glad it looks like it's all healed up nicely now.

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
Wow, sorry about your mishap, I was doing ok for three weeks before they casted me (as I may have said earlier). Now I have the pleasure of having four on the floor for at least another week.
I have the cast ( black fiberglass up to the knee ) with a shoe boot to keep from destroying it. If you go the Orthopedics you don't leave without a cast, period. I told them if I have to have crutches, I'm done working for that duration.

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the cast ( black fiberglass up to the knee ) with a shoe boot to keep from destroying it. If you go the Orthopedics you don't leave without a cast, period. I told them if I have to have crutches, I'm done working for that duration.
Being self employed I'm still a workin. The hospital told me two weeks none bearing cast then April 11 back for another x-ray. I didn't ask him then what or what if. I figure I'll deal with it then.

I was waiting to hear from people "did you do it on the bike". As I figured it didn't take long.

How long do you figure your casted for?

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
Being self employed I'm still a workin. The hospital told me two weeks none bearing cast then April 11 back for another x-ray. I didn't ask him then what or what if. I figure I'll deal with it then.

I was waiting to hear from people "did you do it on the bike". As I figured it didn't take long.

How long do you figure your casted for?
I'm in this one for another week come this Thursday. Back for another " evaluation " April 18. All good, they will issue me the removable boot. No more showers with a garbage bag zipped tied around my leg ? Plus, if I can take the boot off and exchange it with my work boot, I can go riding !

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm in this one for another week come this Thursday. Back for another " evaluation " April 18. All good, they will issue me the removable boot. No more showers with a garbage bag zipped tied around my leg ? Plus, if I can take the boot off and exchange it with my work boot, I can go riding !
Good stuff. If been crawling into my shower with my leg hanging out. Needless to say I feel like a snake (pretty low). If my wife ever walks in on me, I'm sure she will have on heck of a good laugh. :redface:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.