Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a "double darkside" on their bike? Meaning a car tire on the back and a rear MC tire on the front? If so, what are the benefits to such an arrangement?

Thank you!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
After researching this and talking to some folks who have done this, I elected not to go double dark side. I have a Formosa car tire on the rear but went with a Shinko radial tire on the front.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I looked into the idea a while back and concluded that there are no benefits for me. I run a Kuhmo RF on the rear with E3 up front with good results.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your responses. Chopin, where is there more info on the subject?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
@ chop, there ya go talkin 'bout that "other place" again:p

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
@ chop, there ya go talkin 'bout that "other place" again:p
Ah Mod. ! It is not for any personal profit or personal gain. I need an audience here as we all do and I don't refer new members here with the intention that they should jump ship ; but if they have questions on a topic that we don't cover in detail and experience here I feel it my civic duty to direct them to a place that does. This is my home, the better or worst for others.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ROD, what kind of mileage are you expecting to get from the BT 45, as opposed to the typical front mc tire? Thinking I might go out on the limb a little further and try the BT 45 when my Mezler 880 wears out. Its funny, I have seen so much traffic from other riders talking about the dangers of the darkside and to me its a no brainer..its win/win.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
ROD, what kind of mileage are you expecting to get from the BT 45, as opposed to the typical front mc tire? Thinking I might go out on the limb a little further and try the BT 45 when my Mezler 880 wears out. Its funny, I have seen so much traffic from other riders talking about the dangers of the darkside and to me its a no brainer..its win/win.
Those who don't know, don't know. I'm not a double darksider, but who knows . I'm only a rear 1/2 satisfied darksider rider up to this point

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm hoping to get at least 15,000, maybe more, from what others say. The E3 crapped out at about 8K. To short a life for the cost. Also the BT45 feels more planted and secure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too went darside and really like it and last saturday went double darkside and so far I have seen no problem with it. If it pans out as good as the back did I'll be happy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts