Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of you guys do your own maintance and may know about RESCUE TAPE. But I didn't and so for all of those that don't know, this is good stuff.

Rescue Tape: Is a self-fusing silicone tape with no adhesive. When streched and wrapped under tension, it instantly begins curing into one piece of silicone, making it air tight, water tight. It takes just seconds to fuse together. It acts as a shrink wrap. It will seal anything that you can wrap it around. Radiator hose, fuel line, eletrical join. It is not cheap and I have no idea where you would find it in the USA. I do not have any vested interest with this product, so no-one is paying me to push it. But I do love this stuff.

I don't know if you have the same problem with putting air in your tires at the service station. But over here they have all gone to a straight connection and it makes it very hard to get it on the tire valve. I have found a connecting hose that is ment for the spare tire of a 4x4. The idea is that you put this on your spare tire and secure it to the vehicle and you can get air into your spare tire easy. But it makes it easy to put air into your bike tire. If anyone is interested I will put photo's up. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
could you post some pic's eric

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I use it alot at work weatherproofing antenna connections and anything else exposed to the weather. We get it from an electronics vendor and ours is called Fusion Wrap. I don't use electrical tape anymore.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
I bought a couple of rolls a few years back at the Honda Hoot. Have used it on a couple of projects around the house like sealing electrical connections on outdoor lighting. Great product and works as advertised. Amazin stuff.. Your right Eric... Don't leave home without it....

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Thanks Eric, Have put that on my want list, and added the website to my bookmarks. Sounds like great stuff.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
OMG, now Red Green is going to have the big one! This stuff could replace the Handyman's Secret Weapon for all the projects around the Possum Lodge.
Just kidding Eric, great post.

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Hey, Eric, Just checked my saddlebags; Guess I can throw away the Duck tape. It has served me well.
Ken

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Eric may not know who Red Green is.
http://www.redgreen.com/
Take a look, funny stuff.
You mean there could be someone in the world that's never heard of the iconic master tradesman/genious inventor/politically savy wonder man? Scary:eek:
Maybe Au has their own version...whadya reckon?

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
You mean there could be someone in the world that's never heard of the iconic master tradesman/genious inventor/politically savy wonder man? Scary:eek:
Eric, we await your word.....

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric may not know who Red Green is.
http://www.redgreen.com/
Take a look, funny stuff.
You were right with that. I had never heard of him, so it would have gone right over the top. Back to the tape. I kmow when you first use it, you just will not beleive it. When I first got it, I would wrap it around something just to see it work. And I thought, why hasn't someone told me about this. Eric

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Wow looks great now I gotta spend more money!! Gee thanks Eric!!

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
Of all the suggested uses this one looks promising:.......• Wrap it around ANYTHING that you want secure airtight, and it will never leave any evidence or a permanent mark

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it helps Chopin114: It WORKS for me. lol. Eric

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
That was one of the funniest shows on TV. However, they quit showing it down here on PBS years ago. For Christmas, my son gave me the DVD set of Red Green shows and when I need a good laugh, I crank those up. Is it still on the air up there in Canada? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts