Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 2012 Wing on Saturday. Go to work to today and another teacher who I know a little, and who rides an HD trike is in the mail room. He says to me, I heard you got a new bike what did you get. I say a proud as can be a 2012 Wing. He says a Jap wanna be bike? First of all who says that to someone who just made a purchase? I am an easy going guy but that pushed a button. So I preceeded to tell him about HD's and people who know nothing about motorcycles. It lasted for about 5 minutes, I then told him about how inexperienced he was with bikes compared to myself. I could not let it go without telling him how over priced his UG trike was.

I never give anyone a hassle about what they ride,,were do people like this get off telling me my bike is not real?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like HD's but as far as luxury comfort and style the Wings are hands down superior. Are the Wings made in Marysville Ohio? I think so. Plus far less trouble than the HD's Enjoy your new Wing I know I sure love mine even if its a 90.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I like HD's but as far as luxury comfort and style the Wings are hands down superior. Are the Wings made in Marysville Ohio? I think so. Plus far less trouble than the HD's Enjoy your new Wing I know I sure love mine even if its a 90.
GWs are MIJ now; the Marysville OH plant has been converted to making auto parts. I liked the idea that GWs and VTXs were madein the USA, but I also don't have a problem with the fact that GWs are now MIJ. Heck, we bought a 2005 Subaru because it was 100% MIJ.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Don't feel bad about the HD's guy's coment about your Wing. It's been my experience that a lot of HD folks part their personality in the parking lot when they get off their bikes. I know a guy that just got a new HD Trike, he's not a know-it-all and just appreciates a good trip. IMHO it's okay to be proud of your bike but, like religion, it's a matter of choice. You don't try to convert me and I won't try to convert you. After all, I know I have the best Bike!!

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I know there are some HD guys that do that, however, most of the ones I have dealt with are very respectful of the Wing. Its the only "Metric" that is respected by HD folks.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
I've had a Harley and I think there junk , just my opinion

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
I rode mine recently to a wedding in West Texas. A thousand mile journey for me. Parked the bike at the church where everyone could see it. One fellow, a die hard HD owner ribbed me about my plastic jap bike. Other guys, who said they had Harley's, chatted amongst themselves but wouldn't have anything to do with me. The guy who said I rode a jap bike whipped out his smart phone and showed me his pride and joy in a burn out. Asked him if he rode his bike or just enjoyed posing? Na, didn't really say that but thought about it. Seems like all he does is cruise around town and go to the wet t-shirt contests at local bike rallies. Knucklehead.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Two different worlds. I like the color of the sky in mine.
I'll never understand the noise, they'll never understand the...?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've had a Harley and I think there junk , just my opinion
WOW!!!! That is a pretty powerful statement. Are you referring to all of them or just the ones you have owned??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
WOW!!!! That is a pretty powerful statement. Are you referring to all of them or just the ones you have owned??? :confused:
I believe that reference says "One man's junk is another man's treasure":rolleyes:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I know there are some HD guys that do that, however, most of the ones I have dealt with are very respectful of the Wing. Its the only "Metric" that is respected by HD folks.
Agreed! And you have some folks here - like me - who proudly own both a GW and a Harley Ultra Classic.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
It's kind of like men's taste in women. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen some great looking girls with ugly guys and vice versa. So I guess to each his own.

That said I would never put another persons bike down and hope they would have the same respect for mine. Maybe Dad was right when he said "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".. JMHO everyone is intitled to their own..

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
Whenever I have run into an HD rider with a bad attitude, I've just assumed that it was from having a chronically sore *ss!

·
Banned
3,114 Posts
This is a Goldwing forum..... lol not a Harley bashing forum. You have to go to

www.I.hate.pirates.com

to bash them.

Brand loyalty is very interesting. My friend recently traded his 2 year old Victory for a new Victory. Huh? He had problems with the first one.... If I wanted a snowmobile, I would buy a Polaris. If I am gonna spend $26,000 on a motorcycle, it would be a Goldwing. I thought my friend knew better. Shows to go ya.

I have some friends that ride HD's. I think they make some great clothing.

You find the nicest people on a Honda..... but some of the hottest women I have ever seen were on an HD. I am just saying.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
You can always tell when someone is just having a little fun with what you ride and then you just give it back with a bit more on top. But some have their head stuck so far up their ..... that it is not worth wasting good oxygen on them. It is the same as small bike's cop rubbish about not being a bike. Put the small bike in it's forte and look at the egg on thier face as they struggle to keep up. I stuggle to get work mate to ride with me in the hill when I am on my 250 Honda. Mind you out on the open road with a big wind on, I wouldn't know which way they went. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Sounds like kids on a playground ! I don't care if the other guy is riding a tractor it doesn't matter to me what he says about my bike , it just doesn't ! We have become a society that lets others words and opinions hurt our childish little feelings instead of acting like adults , this is the same behavior that perpetuates the " bad boy " motorcycle gangs because the members of those groups are so childish in their thinking they have a need to establish territories and bully those who aren't in their childish club .

·
Super Moderator
28,525 Posts
And all this matters how??????:confused:

Ride your motorcycle.:D

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Sounds like kids on a playground ! I don't care if the other guy is riding a tractor it doesn't matter to me what he says about my bike , it just doesn't ! We have become a society that lets others words and opinions hurt our childish little feelings instead of acting like adults , this is the same behavior that perpetuates the " bad boy " motorcycle gangs because the members of those groups are so childish in their thinking they have a need to establish territories and bully those who aren't in their childish club .
I agree !!!!

I don't care what a person rides as long as they ride. I belong to seven (7), yes I said seven different forums. One of them being non bike specific. They even have a ATV section. Most everyone on there get along and discuss riding in general. they do not care what you ride as long as you ride in the wind.

Main thing is to RIDE SAFE ALWAYS !!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.