Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1979 Wing, 22,000 miles. All new carbs, synched, new fuel pump, filter, seals, all fluids changed, and all done by ex Honda mechanic. The bike will start and run for a few minutes, then die out....#1 Cylinder is 90LBS, the others are 150 - 160lbs.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Well, for the cylinder it might be a bad valve, bad rings, or a leaking head gasket. For the run a few minutes, block vent, out of ajustment float, or bad gas pump, you should make shure the pump as the right pressure. Check vacume hoses for leaks. I'm shure more people will give advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mechanic says that I have a compression issue. Either worn out piston rings, or a worn out cylinder, as #1 cylinder is 90lbs. He thinks its a $1200 - $1500 job as I would think that once he gets in there, he's going to refresh the other 3 cylinders too. Am going to list the bike on CL (hoffman estates, il) for $1200 and be done with it

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
That's a bummer Mrmike. Are you thinking of an upgrade then?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ah jeez, I loved those 1000's. They marketed them in Europe with huge success long after they punted them over here...called them the "Super Four". Were available in several cc sizes too. Often-times our North American market's fickle attitude robs us of some very sweet bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts