Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does your 1500 wing lack performance, tired of all those 1800 wings leaving you behind? well while searching the web i found this place www.mblinnovations.com be forewarned its not cheap

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
What?!? So I can spin the tire and scare the sh** out of myself more??? :eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What?!? So I can spin the tire and scare the sh** out of myself more??? :eek:
i could use another 15hp but i know if i had it i would still say i could use another 15hp so other than a trigger wheel i'm going to leave well enough alone

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
I might opt for the trigger wheel myself. More for the fuel savings over power. ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a trigger wheel but it hasn't been installed. i figure i'll wait until i get the timing belts changed

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I doubt very seriously if you will see any improvement in HP or MGP's with a trigger wheel. The 4 degree wheel is a plus for 88 and 89 Gold Wings that has a hesitation off the line, it advanced the timing a little, most Gold Wings from 1990 to 2000 had no hesitation problem. You can file down the tab on the old trigger wheel and advance your timing the same with out spending the $30.00. If you get one compare the 2, stock and 4 degree wheel and you will see a slight difference.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there goes my 15hp :)

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
there goes my 15hp
Hey Doc you can get the same results by laying off the Pizza & Burgers.:D

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
So doc. What is your current weight to displacement ratio ? The ratio is written as Dr. P + PZA/ GL1500.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ah humbug. We need tuners, cams and throttle body's for our 1800s.
Bump the compression and look for around 160 hp. !!!! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So doc. What is your current weight to displacement ratio ? The ratio is written as Dr. P + PZA/ GL1500.
i don't have a scale in the house to weight my fat azz to do the calculation :D

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah humbug. We need tuners, cams and throttle body's for our 1800s.
Bump the compression and look for around 160 hp. !!!! :eek:
and whats the hp of an 1800wing, 125 or so? as soon as you get comfortable with 160hp you'll want more

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
I'd like to try a set of those cam in a client's trike along with the trigger wheel, remove the premuffler chamber and put in its place a Torque Monster and a set of Torque Master Mufflers. That trike should certainly have some pepper in it.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I'm suggesting SAE HP to the ground. And yes, more is better. :D
it sounds like my mustang cobra project. i started of with a 350hp 351w motor soon to be 400hp then 425 then i found the 429 block and built it to over 500 hp. i know its near 550hp now but i'm just going to enjoy it as it is cause its too much work and not enough enjoyment and thats why i am just going to enjoy my 1500 the way it is ..... unless trike lady tells me to get the cams :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Funny my 429ford project has become 501 with alluminum scj heads. Hope that'll be adequate.
I would love to be able to remap fuel injection on my 2010 wing, along with torq loops and king snake pipes she would most certainly come to life. Personally think its unfortunate the lack of aftermarket performance options for the gl1800's.
The Harley owners have seemingly unlimited options.
Not to change the subject of course!

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Funny my 429ford project has become 501 with alluminum scj heads. Hope that'll be adequate.
I would love to be able to remap fuel injection on my 2010 wing, along with torq loops and king snake pipes she would most certainly come to life. Personally think its unfortunate the lack of aftermarket performance options for the gl1800's.
The Harley owners have seemingly unlimited options.
Not to change the subject of course!
harleys seem to have unlimited options because there lacking power so you need a can or a 103in motor

1 - 20 of 31 Posts