Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least as far as Florida goes? I took off at 40 degrees this morning and when I went to lunch today it warmed all the way up to 50. Tomorrow am it is supposed to be 30 and warm up to 45 or so. It will be cold all week. I am considering breaking out the long johns - of course I will have to find them first.

I'm not sure why folks were looking at me strange when I pulled in the parking lot, nor why the designated motorcycle parking was empty? Oh well, it gave me plenty of room. A couple of folks suggested I drive my car to work - why would they say that? :D

Think of me in the morning.....glad I'm not having any more children.....the boys may not produce if I keep this going all week.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
you just go ahead and enjoy riding and never mind what others have to say. i usually don't put the last bike ( the 1500 wing ) in hibernation until early december when the temp ranges between 30 and 45f or when suzanne or sandee start complaining :)

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
I'd call it 'Florida Winter Riding'. We get cold here not as cold as the northern states.
I've already got my thermals out.

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
Unless you live on or south of the equator it's winter riding. Personally, I would call it a brisk day ride, but rules is rules.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
I don't think it matters 86. So when in doubt I say RIDE!:D

Let others sort it out.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Ride man ride

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
LMAO Winter riding for me is 30 deg or less. Ride on!!!!!

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Get some heated gloves and a vest and I bet you could ride all winter without any discomfort. I am riding here in Seattle, as long as it is not raining excessively.

We are supposed to have a decent weekend. I am considering an over night camp out ride to Mt. Rainier.

·
Super Moderator
14,465 Posts
As long as there is no snow on the road, head on out is my way of thinking. Of course when it is 40 and raining I do take the car. Cold is one thing, but cold and wet is a little harsh.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The heated seat and grips sure make it nice for cool weather riding this 2010 wing is my 1st with these features and I sure do like them !

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
This kind of weather out here and I may get another trike! Yeesh, +4c/38f in rain last night on the way home after class. Shoot, it was colder than that when I rode home from the district meeting in September! Forget what the peeps think/say, ride if you feel like it!

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Seattle is not the number 1 place in the nation for motorcyclist. TOO MUCH RAIN.

I choose to move to Seattle, so I have to accept the rain that the good lord gives us here. I don't mind riding in the cold (above 0) as long as it is not raining. Unfortunately, here in the winter, we get more rain than cold weather.

I have considered moving elsewhere, but the temperate climate here..... and all of the natural beauty, it is hard for me to move. I have considered Phoenix, Arizona, Joplin, Missouri or Bend, Oregon and others, but I stay here in Seattle.

There is a draw to Montana in July, no doubt about it. The Ozark Mountains keep calling out too.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Winter riding

Winter is here in Texas this year however I doubt I'll burn a cord of firewood before March. Temps in the sixties, the finest of riding weather to me.

Larry, my other loves include backpacking, kayaking and canoeing and wilderness style. I do one trip a month between October and April. I've got all the hi tech camping gear from the minimalist to total hedonism. Lately, I've been enjoying a new tent, dry duffel bag and super luxurious sleeping pad. All of this can easily load in the Wing and up on the rear seat area. Before getting the Wing I had planned to do a winter camping trip on the Burgman. Now I have a 2 wheeled pick up truck to get me there in greater comfort with a higher fun factor. Wish I lived closer so I could do a motorcycle camping trip with you Larry.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Winter is here in Texas this year however I doubt I'll burn a cord of firewood before March. Temps in the sixties, the finest of riding weather to me.

Larry, my other loves include backpacking, kayaking and canoeing and wilderness style. I do one trip a month between October and April. I've got all the hi tech camping gear from the minimalist to total hedonism. Lately, I've been enjoying a new tent, dry duffel bag and super luxurious sleeping pad. All of this can easily load in the Wing and up on the rear seat area. Before getting the Wing I had planned to do a winter camping trip on the Burgman. Now I have a 2 wheeled pick up truck to get me there in greater comfort with a higher fun factor. Wish I lived closer so I could do a motorcycle camping trip with you Larry.
Thank you for your kind words.

It doesn't matter which side of the country we live on... we want to ride to the other side.

I was just 100 miles west of you last month on the bike. It rained on me for most of 3 days in Texas. The Alamo was great as was the river walk, but I was there in the rain. The Mexican bakery in the market across the street was to die for. How many of those treats can one cup of coffee cover? I had three.

The .49 tacos in Mission Tx was not the highlight of the trip, but they sure made a good breakfast.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I would be riding in those temps. if I were you.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
That was pretty wierd Larry that you got 3 days of rain in Texas as we've had none all year and have been in a major drought. The San Antonio river walk is particularly pretty at night (without rain). Perhaps you found some good food down there. Tex Mex is super in Texas.

Well it's 6am here in the Piney Woods of East Texas and 37 degrees. Todays weather calls for sunny and 65. Since I got my construction crew all set up with materials for today I can leave the truck and trailer home and use the Wing for doing a bid for a client early this morning, do a re-inspection on a home inspection I did last week (waiting for the gas meter to get set) and ride 75 miles north this afternoon to check on my crew and inspect the pier and beam restoration job we're doing. Any chance I can get to use the bike in my business and trade 14mpg for 40 I jump at the opportunity. Besides, why not have a little fun while I'm working too.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
That was pretty wierd Larry that you got 3 days of rain in Texas as we've had none all year and have been in a major drought. The San Antonio river walk is particularly pretty at night (without rain). Perhaps you found some good food down there. Tex Mex is super in Texas.
It was nice downtown San Antonio as they had Christmas lights on the Alamo and the grounds. Quite a few people around even though it was raining. (Other tourist like myself on a timeline)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I live here in Indiana and last week we got into the 40's and I rode for three hours. Even took the Road Star out for a little limbering up - went ten miles and back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts