Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 78 goldwing that has no power. We put a new battery on and a junkyard starter selnoid thinking that might be the issue. We get power at the selenoid but no where else. No crank or lights. Is there a way to test the selenoid or a fuse I might be over looking?

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum,
You can take the fuse out and check it for continuity or use a test light connected to a good ground and check each side for power. Test the solenoid one side comes from the battery and the other goes to the starter, when you close the switch does the the power reach the starter? Check the main fuse 30A.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Some one else was in here last week with the exact same problem. I told them to sell it to a sucker. Did you just buy it?

Welcome from Seattle!

Seriously, I wouldn't have a clue where to start. I wish you the best with it.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello rich, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome rich. Other than what trike lady says about the test and the fuse I don't know what to tell you. Shot in the dark, but have you checked the main ground from the battery to the frame?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have checked the main ground quickly but ill doulbe check. any one know how i would check my ignition?

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Check to see if you have power leaving the battery and follow the wire to the ignition switch, unplug the wires to the switch and check them, if voltage is present there the switch went bad. You're looking for a 'Red' wire in the harness leading to the switch, this is 'battery'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
took it to a mech and he got it running some wiring was wrong. thanks for all your help. hope to be on the road soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts