Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a honda 2005 GL1800.. its the 5th one i have owned...
on all the others i have owned when you hit the panic button the horn blows and lights flash but on this one nothing happens [ tried it on both remotes ] ,, also when you lock the bags with the remote also NO horn cherp,,, ??

I have honda care and when I went to the dealer they said that my bike [ 2005 anaversery edition ] does NOT have a alarm system thus no panic function and no horn cherp when bags lock,,,

Is this TRUE? how can i check to see if the bike has a alarm system that is just not working....??

any help appreciated..... :))

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have an 05 as well--the dealer is shooting you straight. No alarm system.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If you do have a call button on your fob, it isn't an alarm, merely a locator. Mine works on my '09 but the range isn't all that great so wouldn't be all that useful in a large parking lot full of the same colour Wings:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
doesnt say "CALL" it says panic....

Mine says "call" and it will honk the horn if you're close by. You have to hold it down for a second or two for it to function. But, as already stated, there's no alarm.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Mine does say 'CALL':D Not sure about the older fobs, my memory isn't that good.:(

·
Registered
77 Posts
there is no alarm system on wings as far as someone trying to steal it as such. but like other posters have said, it has the horn blow and lights flashing when call is pushed for a second. lock or unlock, lights flash, no horn. rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
My '08 flashes the lights but does not blow the horn, at least on the trunk lock. I haven't tried the "call" or "panic" & can't remember what it says on the fob.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a 2012 I was positive that I did not have an alarm however my insurance company gave me the alarm discount because I have a key fob.when I lock the bags the lights flash when I hit panic the horn sounds.If our system is not an alarm it wouldn't be hard to turn it into one. the bike already has a bank angle sensor and just about everything else you would need it seems kind of silly for Honda to give you most if not all the parts for a alarm system but not tie it together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts