Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of questions for anyone who can help me,i have recently purchased a very nice condition 1500 S.E only 35000 miles full service history,when riding it it feels like the head race bearings are loose ,however when checked they are solid as can be, also there is no play in the front wheel bearing,however the front end feels underdamped,no leaks from the fork seals ,is it possible that the fork oil needs changing.Second question is it normal for the final drive,i.e the shaft drive to whine ,if so ,
is there any way of quietening it down, apart from this the bike is superb,cheers . Shrek

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The fork oil probably needs to be replaced, that's one thing most owners don't do, and it's easy on the 1500's. Also check the air pressure in your front tire, and the final drive might need the fluid changed also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed the fork oil today,fitted a new rear tyre,copper greased everything ,glad to say no gremlins behind the panels also changed the transmission oil,completely changed the feel of the bike silky smooth no whining and no knocking on the front end tyre pressure in the front tyre was low so adjusted to suit.AWSOME:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts