Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my gas cap on the pump!! When I went back it was gone :( stopped by the local shop and they couldnt find one to fit,I looked around at wing stuff with no luck, does anyone know where to find one? I need one fast im heading out this weekend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Joe!! I am so used to having a key lock in my gas cap not on the cap cover, I wont be doing that again.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I always put my gas cap on the seat so I can't take off with out it

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
Just a stupid thought. Given your emergency, have you considered that a Jap car gas cap may fit the bill here ? Got a Honda car in the driveway ?

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
I usually put mine back in the gas well and turn it on it's side so the lid won't close. That way I'm sure I put it back on and the lid is closed before taking off. Takes too many brain cells to remember where it is if I put it somewhere else. Ride safe..(with the gas cap on....)

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
I usually put mine back in the gas well and turn it on it's side so the lid won't close. That way I'm sure I put it back on and the lid is closed before taking off. Takes too many brain cells to remember where it is if I put it somewhere else. Ride safe..(with the gas cap on....)
Ditto on that.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just a stupid thought. Given your emergency, have you considered that a Jap car gas cap may fit the bill here ? Got a Honda car in the driveway ?
I think you're right. I have read that a Civic cap will fit. Furthermore I remember others going to Advance or Walmart and buying a cap that fits a civic for only a few bucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a chance last night and grabbed the cap off my Craftsman lawn tractor and it FIT! It has a vent hole on the top but it will at least keep me on the road untill i get the right one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A sock could do the job you AARP member you.

Just kidding.

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Wouldn’t that make it more like a Molotov cocktail?

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
They called me yesterday morning and all the parts came in. Honda responded to the dealer “critical part need” and shipped it from Japan. I thought that was pretty good being three weeks earlier than they said. I found all but one part on my own, but without that it didn’t do any good so I let it go.

We are leaving for Memphis this morning on the Yamaha. Weather looks perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts