Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they even think of motorcycles when they build a entrance to business' ?
Down here, in Louisiana, I honestly believe cotton fields has better access to and from places of business.
Don't even believe road builders own motorcycles or they have ever even seen one.

Just the other day. Wife and I took a small 100 mile run up to northern Louisiana. We bottomed out several times going into parking lots. I even got off and looked under the bike, just to make sure everything was fine. I was pissed !!!!:mad:
Before it happened again, I pumped more air into the bike just to give me a cutting edge on this. I am really careful and call myself looking for the safe and easy way for us on the bikes. But looks like they just throw a curve into a roadway and call it quits.
Is it just like this here, or is it like this all over the U.S. ?

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I'll chime in for our good member " Rapier ". He commutes into Washington D.C. daily and I can say, because I've seen it , that his belly pan takes a beating. He has one ugly looking pan.

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
Speed bumps are another problem, they are too high.
Some driveway entrances are easy to go in but rough to go out with a Voyager unit.
I don't think they pay attention when they do road work and driveway entries.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Designers do not think of us existing any more than car drivers do.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Pretty common issue all over I think. Even modern autos can scrape the front air dams really easy. Road crews seem to have the IDGAS (I don't give a ....) attitude more and more.

·
Registered
739 Posts
When I get out of my truck and into my Jag I really have to get a new attitude about driving because the whole front end will hit on small bumps. This has caused me to be extra careful on wing!

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I'll chime in for our good member " Rapier ". He commutes into Washington D.C. daily and I can say, because I've seen it , that his belly pan takes a beating. He has one ugly looking pan.
The lion's share of that beating comes from speed bumps, Maestro. Try as I might, there are a couple that I deal with that unless I cross at an absolute stall speed, they ding the pan. As it is aluminum and protects the bottom of the bike, I can only say it does its job very well.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
they don't think of motorcycles when the build the very road we ride on lets not add driveways to the equasion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.