Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) The front of my 1990 Goldwing dives when I shift or stop. When I had an SE it had a place to add air but on this 1990 model it does not. Any suggestions?
2) I have a slight hesitation then it goes into a heavy throttle. It's gonna kill me one day in an intersection. I cleaned out the jets with commercial cleaner but it still does it. Also when it does this it slaps the transmission & it sounds like a loose chain (I know there isn't a chain) or a bad ujoint.
3) I need to be in contact with someone that knows about the radio & its wiring.

Thanks in advance for your help.
snowhawk (at) mia (dot) net

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF snowhawk. you could change the fluid , springs or both in the forks. carbs may need to be synced if they are clean and hopfully someone can answer the radio question

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Probably need the front frok fluid changed and put progressive springs in while your at it.

Early 1500's had a hesitation problem, put a 4 degree trigger wheel on it and that will advance the timing and fix the problem.

Sierra electronice is the best for the radio on the Gold Wing.
http://www.sierra-mc.com/

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Snow, welcome to the board. You did not say how many miles are on your Wing, but I would think that if the springs were not changed out that a 1990 would be a good candidate for a new set of springs. Progressive are great replacments for your Wing.

Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help so far people & thanks for the welcome comment.
I believe that I am going to change out the springs myself because the seals are OK at this time.
----
Joe in CA
What the heck is a 4° trigger wheel?
I should mention that the ONLY time I have problems is between 8 & 12 on the tac.
----
As far as the radio goes I have found a company that has the back speakers and the wiring for the radio so I'll see if that takes care of all my questions once I install it.
-----
Again thanks for welcoming me aboard.
Dennis
AKA: The Snowhawk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts