Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Concours has been a great bike for me in many regards but comfort-wise...not so much. I don't think it's the bike so much, more my overall achy body (however I can ride my '09 VMAX all day). I've put a lower seat, 2" risers for the clip-ons and still an overall sore rides for me and so after four years of riding it, I'm done with it.

Looking for input from someone that has/had a Concours or similar bike and how the COMFORT aspect compares to the GWING (non-tour).

How's the seat?
How's the triangle of position (handle bars to pegs to seat?

Thanks
Haroldnoid,

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We do have a few members riding the newest generation of Wings that can probably help you, once they get off of their wings and onto their computers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I’ve got the new wing, but I’ve never ridden the concourse. I am 5 foot 10 and the bike fits me very well and very comfortable as to your questions. Obviously you should try to test drive one so you can compare the differences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Concours has been a great bike for me in many regards but comfort-wise...not so much. I don't think it's the bike so much, more my overall achy body (however I can ride my '09 VMAX all day). I've put a lower seat, 2" risers for the clip-ons and still an overall sore rides for me and so after four years of riding it, I'm done with it.

Looking for input from someone that has/had a Concours or similar bike and how the COMFORT aspect compares to the GWING (non-tour).

How's the seat?

Thanks
Haroldnoid,
Harold Ive had the 2015 Concours and it killed my back.I bought a 2018 Goldwing and the seat is terrible.So,I bought a Corbin with a backrest but no improvement.Then I purchased a Russel Day Long saddle,unbelieveable.A new bike.If I knew then what I know now I would get a Russell for my Concours.The Concours is ssimply the best seat made I wont own a street bike without one.You will thank me after you do the process.Do not question my intelligence I have 50 years in the saddle of more bikes than I can remember.And a achy back like you.Your welcome !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Harold Ive had the 2015 Concours and it killed my back.I bought a 2018 Goldwing and the seat is terrible.So,I bought a Corbin with a backrest but no improvement.Then I purchased a Russel Day Long saddle,unbelieveable.A new bike.If I knew then what I know now I would get a Russell for my Concours.The Concours is ssimply the best seat made I wont own a street bike without one.You will thank me after you do the process.Do not question my intelligence I have 50 years in the saddle of more bikes than I can remember.And a achy back like you.Your welcome !
Harold I believe Heli bars makes a complete handlebar with complete adjustability.Go to Wingstuff.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just bought a left over 2018 Goldwing non-tour. After the breakin, I went on a 250 mile ride. On the way back the seat was getting to me a little, but there is plenty of room to move around. I see no need to replace the seat at least for me. The riding position is more relaxed than you concours I'm sure. I also have a 2004 Yamaha FJR which has a fairly sporty seating position. The Goldwing has much more of a relaxed position. I absolutely love the new Goldwing. I used to have a 2007 goldwing and the 2018 non-tour is significantly lighter. I think the weight is 787lbs vs. 935 lbs for the older GL-1800. The new goldwing feels like a sport tourer compared to the older model GL-1800. What will really impress you is the handling of the 2018 goldwing non-tour. It is absolutely wonderful. You will like it!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2018 Goldwing tour DCT Just get a Russell Day long seat immediately trust me.Go to the Iron Butt Riders forum and ask them they will tell you.It changes the bike 100 percent

·
Registered
1 Posts

How's the seat?

Thanks
Haroldnoid,
From a Ducati xdiavel to 2020 DCT. Love it love it love it. Of course I have to do my own thing I'm adding risers floorboards and highway pegs. Absolutely fabulous motor especially automatic. Best bike I've ever owned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From a Ducati xdiavel to 2020 DCT. Love it love it love it. Of course I have to do my own thing I'm adding risers floorboards and highway pegs. Absolutely fabulous motor especially automatic. Best bike I've ever owned.
You have not a clue until you get a Russell Day Long seat. The Iron Butters know !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up ditching my Concours for a 2020 k1600BAGGER...omg love it. Thanks for the info all!
Ride Smart

1 - 12 of 12 Posts