Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
>>> just about to loose my cool.
When I first purchased the bike, display would not come on until the bike warmed up a bit. Blamed it on moister. Now it seems to happen more & more.
On this bike, if the display is playing possum, the air shocks will not pump up. Aggrivating as heck. We had some friends that just purchased a bike and come over wanting to ride, so we went, but rode
with the air shocks low. And 2 times, we would "bottom out", we was on the old lake road, which is kinda wavey....

I have shook wires, beat on the dash. It has a mind of it's own. Now once it comes on, your good for THAT DAY. Maybe some other days. But let the bike sit for a few days. And it will sure piss you off ....

Any suggestions .......

.............. two guns

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Do you garage the bike or is it sitting under a carport ? I have that problem now and then , but it is only off for a minute or two after i start the bike and it comes on . I believe i had read somewhere that moisture is a problem with the displays and it seems some guys have removed them and hermetically sealed the boards .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you garage the bike or is it sitting under a carport ? QUOTE]

Sitting under a metal building. But it's not climate controled.
I keep all my toys, Jeeps, Bikes, RTV's,4Wheelers, etc in there.
Nothing in there get's wet. But we know, there is moister in the air.
Does your air shocks not work when the display is not working?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
As far as the display goes, I just seen somewhere but Ic can't recall where. That if some bikes a subject to a lot of dampness, the circuit board/boards in the LCD get some crud growing on them. Have to disassemble the dash to clean them then reseal them with a non conductive sealer.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Do you garage the bike or is it sitting under a carport ? QUOTE]

Sitting under a metal building. But it's not climate controled.
I keep all my toys, Jeeps, Bikes, RTV's,4Wheelers, etc in there.
Nothing in there get's wet. But we know, there is moister in the air.
Does your air shocks not work when the display is not working?
I have never tried to air - up my shocks when my display is off , so i don't know if it works or not . I don't have a problem with the display but two or three times a year and that is only for a minute or two at a time .

·
Premium Member
582 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Cheers for that Bama, good find.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I thought i should point out that you should wear a ground strap on your wrist or use someother type of grounding when handling the board to prevent damaging any components with static electricity . Radio shack should have a ground strap for your wrist .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts