Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my '02 GW out after replacing dead battery. It starts, but no displays, radio, or clock work. How do I begin to troubleshoot my problem? Is my computer dead, or is it just a relay bad contact problem? Help me OB1, your my only hope.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Found this piece of advice. Don't know if it will help, but can't hurt to try...

Just a reminder: ALWAYS remove the ground (-) first and reattach it Last. That way everything should work out OK.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you done any work on it lately? It sounds like plugs under the shelter aren't tight enough. There is one plug just forward of the steering stem, under the dash panel. Make sure that's tight, that one runs your LCD display. There are 2 under the shelter that plug into the bottom side of the radio unit. Those need to really CLICK into place.

And of course, the first and most obvious thing to check is your fuses. A bad fuse can certainly cause exactly this type of problem. And just because a fuse looks good, doesn't mean it IS good. I don't remember which ones you need to check offhand, but check them with a meter or continuity tester while you have them out.

Let us know what shakes out.

BTW, welcome to the board.

=Dave=
Old Dog Moto Works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts