Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I have a 86 aspy that has been sitting for 8 years. I rebuilt the carbs, put the bike back together and it started! Because it has been 3 months since I took the carbs off I may have overlooked something when putting it back together due to the fact that I have gas dripping from a part between the carburetors top covers. I can't find the part(s) names but it's black, hard, about 1/4" round and has "t" shape with gas dripping from the bottom of the T. I thought they could be "air joint pipes" but why would gas be dripping from them? I did change the fuel filter and lines. Perhaps I went to big on the parts and the gas is being purged out these T's?

Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Todd

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Are the float levels set correctly?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same as mine......story and all. IF I recall correctly, it is a vent between the carbs. No line attached. Sounds like the float is stuck or adjusted too high.

I have had mine off twice......clean is hard to get after sitting that long. I have a slide or two that stick sometimes....make sure to check/clean them next time the carbs are off :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same as mine......story and all. IF I recall correctly, it is a vent between the carbs. No line attached. Sounds like the float is stuck or adjusted too high.

I have had mine off twice......clean is hard to get after sitting that long. I have a slide or two that stick sometimes....make sure to check/clean them next time the carbs are off :eek:
A Vent! Ok, that helps tremendously and it makes a lot of sense. Looks like the carbs are coming off again. Oh well. THANK YOU!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts