Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I posted my last comments some time ago, so many of you were against me waiting for the new Goldwing. Some of you supported my wishes. Well Im here to say I feel totally stupid now. Based on the new release from honda, all I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed. I'm so upset to the point if someone gave me a contact, I would write them a letter expressing my disappointment. I can't believe honda would delay a release for the best luxury machine on two wheels with minimal changes. Back in May the released blog mentioned it would be a technology showcase. However this new version doesn't even have bluetooth. What were they thinking?
This basically leaves me in the same boat I was in. Which knowing me, I will go yet another summer without riding any machine. After my accident in 2009, I've been waiting for this new model and yet still my wait continues. And to make this wait even more agonizing, I have to deal with the temptation I'm getting from BMW release. Its no goldwing, but atleast they made major improvements. They included bluetooth, they increase the engine size, and they already have electronic kick stands.
I'm trying my best to remain loyal but this day has really been hard on me!!!
And finally, yes still Im stubbornly waiting. Can't justify getting an old machine, which the 2012 is too. Even if it means not ridding another year.
Yep, I know. I'm shooting myself in the foot.

Please someone give me a contact at honda so that I can vent!!!

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
Well I hate to say I told you so but.... The new Wing is amost exactly what the Honda boys told us it would be, subtle refinements and styling cues and that's about it. At least the pricing isn't off the charts.

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
I just spoke with my DSM about the 1012, I knew more than he did from here and a couple other sites. I wouldn't bank on anything really ground breaking for a couple years yet.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Lemaj, You are only driving yourself crazy. The rest of us are riding. You know in todays technological era the minute you buy something it is almost automatically out of date.

My advice buy a late model 1500 or mid year 1800, you can get them relatively cheap & get riding. I think that is what I said originally. Again you are the only one in dispair. Be guided accordingly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are absolutely right fossil92. Actually I'm beyond crazy after Monday's news.
Someone please send me a honda rep contact information. I need to let off some steam.
For real!!

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
You could go to Honda.com and check out their faq on the powersports section or call the m/c customer service 866 784 1870
Not sure if you'll get much response, but you never know. I'd call a dealer and see if they'll give you a District Rep's #. Most DSM's are pretty approachable types. Too bad the news hadn't broken during the show circuit, that would have been the best way to get a response from some of the higher placed Honda people.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've already tried to call this morning. Got some strange message asking me to answer yes to a text message that was an agreement to pay 9.99 a month.
I didnt email one of the email addresses though. No response just yet. They probably won't respond.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I knew someone had say something offensive. Preparing for such a thing was something I knew I must do before I even considered to post my thoughts.
I will accept what I would like to call constructive criticism. Even though everyone knows
it wasn't constructive.
I'll even take it to a degree higher if it makes you happy. I'm whining like a How's that?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Whinning and not riding is nothing more than cutting your nose off to despite your face.
Besides, who told you there will be a tomorrow??? Better get some road time in while you have a chance. :confused:
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Excellent advice fxrshog. I truly respect your opinion. Also, looks like you have excellent choice preference in color for goldwings. Your
pic looks very similar to the 06 I had before a terrible driver ran
a stop sign and cut me off. Yep, I'm still wounded mentally from the lost.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Your only human and you made a calculated gamble that didnt pay off. Dont punish your self...Go ride! :cool: and do it safely.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
Lemaj, You are only driving yourself crazy. The rest of us are riding. You know in todays technological era the minute you buy something it is almost automatically out of date.

My advice buy a late model 1500 or mid year 1800, you can get them relatively cheap & get riding. I think that is what I said originally. Again you are the only one in despair. Be guided accordingly.
Roger Dodger fossil . One can never have the latest and the greatest because it doesn't exist yet and never will in our lifetime. How many miles and friend's I have met on my antiquated '08 Goldwing will never enter the equation of the future. The past is history, the future is a mystery, the moment is the gift; and that's why we call it the " present ".

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
Well, if I didn't already have a Wing I'd consider the new one, but it would depend on the cost of a 2010 versus new what with rebates involved etc. That plus I'd have to sit on them both and hopefully ride them back to back to compare. With 300,000 miles not out of reach on any Wing, there isn't a lot of dollar per mile difference in them. So Lemaj, you still have a decision to make one way or another.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm actually happy to see what they put out. I just bought my '08 beautiful pearl white wing last November. Had all of 3100 miles and not a nick on it. I debated about waiting to see what the new bike would be, thinking what if I bought a bike that would become totally changed up in a year, but I wanted to ride (I really wanted a white wing too). Now it just makes me that much happier to have made the decision I did. I must say, the bike released was not at all what I expected.

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
I'm ok with it as is, but you can bet at the next meeting there will be some feedback from the dealerships about the cool reception from riders. Turns out the Blackbird I was so keen on has a heart murmer so that isn't happening either; not my happiest of days, but now I can stay true to my 1800 (she was starting to cry a bit over it anyway) and glad I found out before laying down the cash. Hey Wingstuff, keep the farkle deals coming, I got some farkling to do.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts