1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks But for $35.00 I think I'll wait for another idea. They really must think that washer is made of 'GOLD'

·
Registered
455 Posts
Reactions: MichaelB

·
Premium Member
2006 Honda GL1800, 1985 BMW R80RT
87 Posts
Mine is disabled with a nickel, which worked well. I bought a supply of the correct o-rings and will be restoring mine. I had to buy tts o-rings in a large quantity, do I have extras if you want to repair yours. I haven’t had time to get to mine yet. Let me do mine and make sure the o-rings work properly and then I will get some sets together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a 'preferred method other than the nickle trick?
I have a 2012. I cut the plunger flush to the valve . I tried the coin first. Then the modifaction . I also replace the fork springs with Traxxion Dynamics springs. Results, much better .

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine is disabled with a nickel, which worked well. I bought a supply of the correct o-rings and will be restoring mine. I had to buy tts o-rings in a large quantity, do I have extras if you want to repair yours. I haven’t had time to get to mine yet. Let me do mine and make sure the o-rings work properly and then I will get some sets together.
I'd be interested in a set if you have success.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I found a washer that fit perfectly like a nickel would. It already had the hole in it.:)

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you are sure that you never want it to work again, grind the bottom of the piston and reinstall, job done no money spent.

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Honda GL1800, 1985 BMW R80RT
87 Posts
I'd be interested in a set if you have success.
I will let you and others know how it goes and make them available if it is successful. It will probably be June before I get to it. I have a wedding in early June but a longer trip in July. Won’t have time before the wedding but want it done before the trip.

Not a business venture. Good news is that it won’t cost you anything. Bad news is I have to do it when I can.:D

·
Registered
455 Posts
Understood. Good luck with the project!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts