Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
OK first I better talk about the reason ABS is disabled on trike conversions. The system is designed to work with just 2 wheels while ABS can be fooled into thinking it is still active by moving the sensor ring to one of the trike wheels or adding the sensors to a single sensor ring which does not leave ABS active it only fools the system into turning off the light but the function is actually disabled. Please don't veer off the topic here and venture off into all the presumed safety aspects. Trike manufacturer are well aware of the trade offs.

So the question is - how to turn off the ABS light. Removing the fuses will stop flashing but light will stay on constantly. Does anyone know if this can be done as so far I have not found one indication it can be done without black tape over the light. Also removing all 3 fuses does not turn off the light it only stops it from flashing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Registered
OK first I better talk about the reason ABS is disabled on trike conversions. The system is designed to work with just 2 wheels while ABS can be fooled into thinking it is still active by moving the sensor ring to one of the trike wheels or adding the sensors to a single sensor ring which does not leave ABS active it only fools the system into turning off the light but the function is actually disabled. Please don't veer off the topic here and venture off into all the presumed safety aspects. Trike manufacturer are well aware of the trade offs.

So the question is - how to turn off the ABS light. Removing the fuses will stop flashing but light will stay on constantly. Does anyone know if this can be done as so far I have not found one indication it can be done without black tape over the light. Also removing all 3 fuses does not turn off the light it only stops it from flashing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Here's the instruction on how to disable ABS system & indicator light from Roadsmith's Trike conversion instruction.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I did come across some info which shows removal of the control unit and adding a fuse jumper to turn off the light. It is not necessary to remove the sensor from the rear but all the other info is valid. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts