Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day;
I just installed the MP3 GL1800 Digital Music Player and when I was finally able to format the music it would play. Within a couple of minutes I was unable to change songs or CD selection? When I shut the bike off, the music continued to play. I had to remove the SD card to stop the music. I have completely disconnected the player from the connection on the bike. I could not get any of the functions for the radio, cb, aux. etc. to work? When ever I turned the key to the on position I would get a load snap / pop from the speakers. This was last night. This morning, I discovered that the radio control panel has power and the background lights are on. The key was removed and no difference. I disconnected the battery but when I reconnected it I still had the lights on on the radio panel? Does anyone know what may be causing this problem? I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
1. Is this the J&M unit? If so, go to WingStuff and read all the reviews. Seems that the J&M units are plagued with problems of this sort.
2. Un-plug the system and disconnect the battery. Wait about 10 minutes and re-connect the battery and see if the problem has gone away.
3. If the bike was working normally before the installation, the finger should be pointed toward the MP3 player, installation. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually this is the same unit that Wingstuff sells but I purchased it thru Seirra Electronics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get smart go to Kmart buy a GPX MP3 player for $26.49+tax I have one holds about 1000songs plays back thru AUX like a charm, very easy to download from Windows Media and if it gives up, you haven't lost much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts