Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1980 GL1100. Did this bike come stock with Vetter bags and fairing? Mine has no fairing, it was damaged and since removed but it does have a trunk and bags and they are made by Vetter and branded as such. I thought that the 1980 and later Wings all came with fairings and bags factory installed and would have thought that they would have been Honda branded. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
No they didn't. Vetter is an aftermarket company that made tour packs for many bikes at the time. All the Honda Interstate models and Aspencades came with Hondaline factory made luggage and fairings. Superior quality IMO

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
That's what I thought. Kinda confused though. This bike is a GL 1100 and it has Vetter saddle bags and a Vetter trunk. Not sure why anyone would replace Honda equipment with Vetter. I do think that the Honda OEM bags look better.
your bike is a standard 1100 that came from the factory with no bags, trunk, or fairing what we now call a nakkid wing. the po added a vetter package to the bike. omly the interstate or aspencade came from the factory with the honda line package

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
In 1980 the standard Gold Wing came without bags or a fairing, the Interstate model was the dressed model

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.