Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just bought a GW today and pick it up tomorrow. I am hoping the members would chime in and let me know if I was able to get a good deal on the bike.
It is a New left over 2008 with comf/audio/nav/abs. It is considered Titanium in colour. It was custom ordered by a previous buyer who fell through.
The custom work was powder coating to match the bike colour on the rims, belly pan, much of the exposed metal surfaces including handlebar ends and all around the foot pegs etc, several chrome add ons, aftermarket exhaust that is also powder coated to match the bike colour(not sure of make on the exhaust though), rear wing with led break light, fog/driving lights...)
There may be more, but that is the bulk of it. The custom work was quoted to be just over $3000. Powder coating taking up more than half of this value. Do I believe that was a just price for the stuff....not really, but that was the value they gave me.
The bike was listed at $19,970. I bought the extended factory warranty. They wanted a total of $24000...that included tax etc out the door price. I got it for out the door $22000.
The bike is from Southern Powersports in Chat. Tenn. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on the deal.
Either way, I am happy with the machine, but being new to the GW world, your thoughts would be valuablel to me.
Thanks to anyone who replies.

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
I can't make a coment on the deal. You are happy and thats all that matters. But I would like to welcome you to GWOF from Down Under. Here they would sell that bike for $50000. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Sounds like an awesome bike. Welcome to GWOF and don't worry about it. You bought it to enjoy it, that's what matters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eric, I appreciate the welcome. I am originally from Canada, and my family and I are in the south on a 3-5 year work assignment. This bike would have been very close to $30 back home...if not over.
I also wanted to metion that the $3000 in extras was not part of the list price on the bike. It was to be paid on top of the $19970.

·
Registered
300 Posts
First, with all that being said, how 'bout some pics? We like 'em on this forum. Now, congrats on your new bike. It should be a good, reliable ride for many years to come.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will get pics up as soon as I have her home. I feel fine with the deal, guess I was just wondering what other folks are paying for similar optioned(minus the add ons) GWs...say 2010 or 2012's.
And thanks again for the replies.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I bought my '08 with 8,700+/- miles on it, non- ABS, no addys to speak of, for $18,000. Sight unseen, and based on your superficial description, I feel your price was reasonable for the " custom " options listed.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Im sure you will love it....Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. List MSRP on your bike new was $23,099 not counting the options. Warranty is about $500 and add to that the $3,000 in options. So you do the math. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am truely looking forward to learning the bike and especially riding the wing. Understanding how to work all the options and adding the accesories so I can make the most of this great machine.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think you made a good deal from the point that you are getting a full three year warranty and a fully loaded bike at that. congratulations on your new ride. When it comes to a Wing you just cant go wrong as far as making the most of the bike just apply butt to seat and ride. I have only used my car once from the day I bought my wing I dont even care that I have a two and half years left on my lease on a car that I could care less if I drive again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks everyone for your information and welcomes. Knelson, the price included the 4 year extended warranty. It is a total of 7 years.
By the way, this forum is great and my hat is off to those who maintain it and those who share their ideas, do's and don'ts. I will do the same, for about the next ten minutes.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome and congrats keensali. Your bike is a bit of a one off so it's hard to put a solid value figure on something unique. The main thing is you're chuffed over it and that's what matters as others have already mentioned. No matter what the 'bling' does for the visual, the real beauty of a Wing is the pleasure they are to ride. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Welcome to the forum....:D from another 2008 owner. I have had my bike for just a bit over a year. I got to ride just a bit last night and I told an admirer in the parking lot "I have yet to ride this without a HUGH smile on my face." Ride safe and post pics!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Get out and enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arizona!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Southern Powersports in Chat. Tenn used to be the discount warehouse for leftover, prior year bikes in the mideast. Then I noticed that they pulled their deeply discounted prices from the web; I presume due to MAP restrictions from Honda. I don't know if you got a great deal or not, but a quick check on EBAY would help you determine that. Knowing Sothern Powersports by rep, I'd probably agree that you did get a good deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.