Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the machine for a week I've found the only thing I consider to be a design flaw. The break petal is to small for me and it looks like a part off a little bike not befitting to a Goldwing. So I researched what to do and found and add on petal at Wing stuff to make it more comfortable for me. Hope it fit the bill for me.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
After having the machine for a week I've found the only thing I consider to be a design flaw. The break petal is to small for me and it looks like a part off a little bike not befitting to a Goldwing. So I researched what to do and found and add on petal at Wing stuff to make it more comfortable for me. Hope it fit the bill for me.
You only found one flaw.:confused:
Here are just a few of what I found. No chrome grills on the trunk/saddle bag lights. No chrome trim on the sides of the trunk and saddle bags, no chrome mirrors, no chrome grill for the radiator, no chrome grills for the front indicator lights, no chrome accent for the gas door, speakers,dash, right fairing pocket, no chrome dip stick,or oil filler cap. The list goes on and on. Fortunately there are places like Wing stuff to help you remedy, these flaws.:rolleyes:
If you need help finding these flaws let me know. I've even made a few thinks that nobody sells. ie: trunk rack supports and a really cool voltmeter set up.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
You only found one flaw.:confused:
Here are just a few of what I found. No chrome grills on the trunk/saddle bag lights. No chrome trim on the sides of the trunk and saddle bags, no chrome mirrors, no chrome grill for the radiator, no chrome grills for the front indicator lights, no chrome accent for the gas door, speakers,dash, right fairing pocket, no chrome dip stick,or oil filler cap. The list goes on and on. Fortunately there are places like Wing stuff to help you remedy, these flaws.:rolleyes:
If you need help finding these flaws let me know. I've even made a few thinks that nobody sells. ie: trunk rack supports and a really cool voltmeter set up.
You know I found a similar flaw. That is, that companies make Gawdy Chrome pieces to put all over a motorcycle.;););)

I put one of those brake pedal additions on Nohandles. You should like it.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
You know I found a similar flaw. That is, that companies make Gawdy Chrome pieces to put all over a motorcycle.;);)

I put one of those brake pedal additions on Nohandles. You should like it.
Aaaaah: the Anti Chrome Ogre emerges from his cave.:eek: aaaarg:p

Morning again Foss:rolleyes:
Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Come on now, chrome looks great, especially when it's all tarnished up, broken or warped from heat!

:D

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Another Ogre emerges. You riding one of them Wings built in Lancaster, Pa. You know one of them Amish Wings.:D:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
BLING is the THING:D:rolleyes:

This is why I don't like "Bling". The dark areas are where the chrome peeled and it rusted. The lenses aren't washed out from the flash, they're all faded out.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Nohandles.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Haven't had that problem, and some of this stuff has been on since I bought the bike new in 93. Back then Markland was the Bling of Choice around here, good stuff in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I have to admit, the bike this is on shows serious neglect. The goodies on my 1200 are in great shape for the age. :)

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Another Ogre emerges. You riding one of them Wings built in Lancaster, Pa. You know one of them Amish Wings.:D:rolleyes:
A boy from Pa. would know a thing or two about that dontch no:D

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts

Hmmmm, wouldn't that be an HD? You know, pulled by horses. :eek:

:D

(Just kidding.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same problem with both my 1500 and my 1800. I found that bending the brake pedal out away from the bike a little helped a lot. You have to take it off and do it in a vise because it is strong stuff. I had to test it a few times to get it in just the right spot, but it has worked out just fine. Hope this helps...:)

WingRat

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I talk about a design flaw it is strictly a safety issue for me. As for chrome It had lots added by the previous owner but not so much that I can't have fun collecting my own chrome.. I love dressing out a bike so I'm glad they didn't do it all for us. So far new front finder extension, gold plated license cover with an eagle on it, chrome radio and knobs, CB chrome cover and knobs, front finder chrome wrap with lights, chrome vents for dash, kill switch and chrome around wind shield. Love tinkering especially on something I've wanted since 1975.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts