Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! Newbie here! Just picked up my first Wing! 2010 Red Metallic! Sweet ride, but the seat sucks! I have had numerous bikes from Honda ST1100's and 1300's to Harleys, but this is the BEST!! Can I use the Delo 400LE in my Wing? I have read all of the posts regarding this, but no definitive answer! Thanks!

Bruce

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
You'd have to get with the seat manufacturer on that one.
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Hey folks! Newbie here! Just picked up my first Wing! 2010 Red Metallic! Sweet ride, but the seat sucks! I have had numerous bikes from Honda ST1100's and 1300's to Harleys, but this is the BEST!! Can I use the Delo 400LE in my Wing? I have read all of the posts regarding this, but no definitive answer! Thanks!
A bit confusing, Comment on seat ask about oil.MMMMMMM

Oh well if seat still doesn't feel right after a while consider adding Backrest (most 1800 guys love Utopia). As a far as oil, I would check with the dealer & warranty concerns &/or do a web search if there is no topic available here.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello cajunrider and welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Sounded like he wanted a weird designer seat.
I always like to follow what is specified in the owners manual, remember the clutch shares the same oil as the trans and the engine. So you cannot have any additives that will mess with the clutch materials. That's why my stuff lasts forever and the parts are unobtainable, I change the oil every 2500 miles and that includes filter.
I went over to an automotive forum and they seem to mention 'Diesel' a number of times in association with the product. A 2010 Wing, kiss the warranty good bye if anything happens to the engine or trans/clutch.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've got an '08 with the extended warranty and have used only Honda brand oil and oem filters since day one with zero problems. I wouldn't risk voiding the warranty on a brand new bike with an oil that does not meet the JASO/MA (no friction modifiers) specification. There are plenty of oils available for the Wing that meet the Honda specs, but I'm sure DELO is not one of them. A lot of Wingers use Shell Rotella available at Walmart.

Don't get me wrong... I've used DELO religiously in my Diesels since 1988 because it meets diesel engine specs. It's a good feeling knowing you have receipts for the right stuff should you ever need warranty work done on your Wing's engine or clutch.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Where is home for you. Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I wouldn't use anything but a motorcycle formulated oil of any kind. Lots of owners have mentioned using diesel formulated oils but I have to ask why? Diesel engines are a whole different game than bikes. Welcome to the forum by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts